lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2021, 06:48 PM   #1
V8Aggie
Not Yet Wild

Default Motor skid plate?

Hey fellas,

I was installing my lift today on a 2010 precedent and it fell off the Jack stands. From what I could tell everything was fine other than my pride. The one thing I noticed is the small plate that either protects or holds the motor up is bouncing at the front when I hit the breaks and let of or hit the gas hard. It doesn’t appear to have ever been welded or have any sort of bolt.

Y’all aware or know how to fix this? Thanks a ton!

https://ibb.co/Y8p8MDj
V8Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2021, 06:58 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Motor skid plate?

You’re missing the snubber. Over time it’s common for them to wear out and fall apart.

Search Amazon for club car snubber and you’ll find a ton of them. They’re pretty cheap, less than 10 bucks last time I bought one.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 07:05 PM   #3
V8Aggie
Not Yet Wild

That’s great! Appreciate it.

One last thing, I noticed after the lift was installed there’s a lot more motion in the pedal. Can o just tighten the cable?
Old 12-04-2021, 08:43 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Aggie View Post
That’s great! Appreciate it.

One last thing, I noticed after the lift was installed there’s a lot more motion in the pedal. Can o just tighten the cable?
I’d suspect something may have been knocked loose if that’s the case. Lifting a cart should not have any impact on the pedal free play. If anything it would stretch the cable and make the pedal tighter, but definitely not looser

If you adjust the cable do so carefully. It can create quite a headache trying to reset it correctly and make it stop bouncing off the rev limiter
Old 12-04-2021, 09:25 PM   #5
V8Aggie
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I’d suspect something may have been knocked loose if that’s the case. Lifting a cart should not have any impact on the pedal free play. If anything it would stretch the cable and make the pedal tighter, but definitely not looser

If you adjust the cable do so carefully. It can create quite a headache trying to reset it correctly and make it stop bouncing off the rev limiter
I’m sorry meant brake pedal.
Old 12-04-2021, 09:48 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Yes, the brakes will need to be readjusted typically after installing a lift kit. Do this under the floor at the splitter where it splits both cables to each wheel. Just tighten that nut down.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:02 PM   #7
V8Aggie
Not Yet Wild

Appreciate the help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car