lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #21
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Advice on old E-Z-GO cart...

Im not sure on the batteries, the avatar does mess with peoples eyes.
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2008, 02:47 PM   #22
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

I will sale whatever you need off of it. The steering has a old style steering. I haven't dumped it yet so LMK.
I'll try and get pictures this weekend.
I was at my uncles funneral all last week so I didn't have computer access. The batteries should have a number like this on them D7 which = 2004 July when the battery was made. I also have both back shocks too if you want them to.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:29 PM   #23
paulzilla
Not Yet Wild

Andy,

I'll check and see if there's anything I could use this weekend. Thanks for the battery info. I found the exact date codes on Trojan's website. They explain it like this:

{Positive Terminal- Manufacturing Date. This code indicates the actual date when mechanical assembly of the battery was completed. At this point, electrolyte has not been added to the battery and formation charging has not taken place. LETTER stands for the month and could be anything from A to L (A=January, B=February, C=March, and so on),; NUMBER stands for the date.
Negative Terminal- Shipping Date. This code indicates the month and year when the battery was shipped out of our factory. LETTER stands for the month (see below); NUMBER is the last digit of the year.

•Example: A battery with “I26” stamped on the positive terminal and “J2” on the negative. “I26” means that the battery was assembled, without electrolyte, on September 26th. “J2” means that it was shipped from our factory around October of 2002.}

I have 4 batteries from 2004 and 2 from 2001. Probably time to replace them.
paulzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:20 PM   #24
gadavis
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
napalaz, I have been having some luck taking the old shock to Napa Auto and they match me up with a monroe gas for about $25 each.
On my 3 wheel Ez-Go's I use mini bike shocks from the Northern Tool store at $29.00 pair and just squeeze the bushing a little tighter with an extra flat washer on the rubber. I did this on 2 of them and they are still working fine. Ez-Go's price is about $40.00 each.
gadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:49 PM   #25
copnnurse
Not Yet Wild

I am new posting on here guys and have just bought a 1986 electric ez-go. It looks like we are in the same boat! It has a heavy!! charger. The charger checks out fine, but batteries were dry. Any chance that the batts will work fine? I put water in them and will try to charge them soon.
I am on my back right now from just having a disc replaced in my back...I am not sure how long it has been sitting. It has a new top, rear view mirror, back seat and charger on it...all for $300.00!!
It is a project for my 8 and 12 year old son and myself to jack it up and work on ......Good luck with your project!
copnnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:58 PM   #26
paulzilla
Not Yet Wild

copnnurse,

If the batteries were completely dry that means they have no electrolyte (Sulfuric Acid w/ DI water) in them. Adding just water probably won't do anything to them. If you can get premixed electrolyte and refill them you might want to try that. If not, you will probably have to replace them. You can read more about lead acid batteries here. Good luck on your project as well and your recovery! Hope this helps.
paulzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:31 PM   #27
roady89
nimda
Club Car

If they are empty DO NOT PUT WATER IN THEM! Water will not do anything but mess them up. (long story so don't ask)

You can pick up 5 gallons of battery acid for around $15 at NAPA. (last time I checked) It comes in a box.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:00 PM   #28
napalaz
Gone Wild

Thanks Roady I need that 401k to grow but you r correct on the acid

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
If they are empty DO NOT PUT WATER IN THEM! Water will not do anything but mess them up. (long story so don't ask)

You can pick up 5 gallons of battery acid for around $15 at NAPA. (last time I checked) It comes in a box.
napalaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO