lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Making it faster???

The speed code costs about 89$ plus whatever labor the dealer charges you (should be no more than .5 hour labor). They will probably require that you have the light kit with brake lights/turn signals, horn and reflectors, they must promise yamaha that this stuff is present when ordering the code from yamaha.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #12
mikebrls
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Yamaha introduced "The Drive/G29" in 2007 model year, if your's is a G22e, the serial number would start with JU2-xxxxx. Would be great to know what your's is, but here are some idea's. You have a few options. There is a 3 wire connector (off the end of the motor), unplug it from the wire harness and you will take away "regenitive brakeing and anti run away feature", this should speed up the car by just doing this. If yours is a G22 or G29, yes the controller can be reprogramed and maybe even a "ptv" upgrade (19mph max, but you must have headlight package to purchase it). Another option is a "high speed motor", but you will lose torque/hill climbing, and the low amperage rateing on the "Yamaha/Moric" controllers is a "iffy" situation. Good luck
is it the same 3 wire connector on the back of the motor for a 2009 g29 ?
will it help with more tourq ?
thank you 'mike
mikebrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:22 PM   #13
mikebrls
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

some pic's of the plug connector that goes into the back of the motor .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg get-attachment (3).jpg (87.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg get-attachment (2).jpg (53.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3 plug.jpg (81.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #14
cgtech

Yamaha

No, The plug on a YDRE is different, unplugging it will do no favors, some say it will give more speed. but, in my experience, if any speed is gained, it is un-noticable. and, the cart throttle response/acceleration will get weird. plus other random "hiccups" during use. I'm so used to it, i can usually pick out an unplugged tach sensor before i drive it into the building.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #15
mikebrls
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

thanks
Old 04-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #16
Moogambo
Not Yet Wild

I was wondering about the ac drive for the 2007 and newer drive. Any idea how much?
Moogambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:25 AM   #17
kantuckian
Gone Wild

good info
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 04:29 PM   #18
cardudenc
Not Yet Wild

I have a lifted 2008 Yamaha cart and I'm getting a whole 15 mph.
I'm used to my gas club car that I played with and was running 28 mph. I'm using it as a low speed vehicle here at the beach. would really like to get it up to 25 mph so I'm not causing a traffic jam while cruising the water front
cardudenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 12:28 AM   #19
cgtech

Yamaha

You should probably start a thread on your build/project, this thread is 5 years old. Your stock controller is going to give crummy performance with big wheels & tires, even with the speed code unlock (speed code does not change torque, and speed will drop a lot even on slight inclines). You should look into the Alltrax XCT-48400-YDRE 400 amp controller if you plan on keeping stock motor, if a motor upgrade may be in your future a 500 amp model might be better. Either way, bigger battery cables & motor cables would also be needed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha