lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2011, 12:25 PM   #1
-GR-
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Question regarding the governor adjustment on a 98 club car ds

I was reading one of the stickies regarding the governor adjustment thread at http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-club-car.html

Wouldn't it be possible to just loosed the nut on the governor lever on the tranny like mentioned but keep the rpm limiter hooked up? Granted you wouldn't get quite as much top speed but the rpm limiter would still be hooked up?
-GR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Question regarding the governor adjustment on a 98 club car ds

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GR- View Post
I was reading one of the stickies regarding the governor adjustment thread at http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-club-car.html

Wouldn't it be possible to just loosed the nut on the governor lever on the tranny like mentioned but keep the rpm limiter hooked up? Granted you wouldn't get quite as much top speed but the rpm limiter would still be hooked up?
Why in the name of sanity would you go the trouble of "loosed the nut" on the "tranny" if you didn't want more speed ? The bloody governor is still going to have you rocking back and forth like a cheap carnival ride. Get rid of both or don't do either but be aware of the repurcussions FFS.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
-GR-
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
Why in the name of sanity would you go the trouble of "loosed the nut" on the "tranny" if you didn't want more speed ? The bloody governor is still going to have you rocking back and forth like a cheap carnival ride. Get rid of both or don't do either but be aware of the repurcussions FFS.

Chris.
I ended up not loosening the governor arm. I made the adjustments on the throttle pedal arm and also took up some slack in the throttle cable to put more tension on the srpings and it was bouncing off the rev limiter so I backed it down just enough to where the rev limiter isn't kicking in. Picked up a couple of mph. It is fine for now until I get a tach to keep an eye on the rpms.
-GR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:28 PM   #4
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GR- View Post
I ended up not loosening the governor arm. I made the adjustments on the throttle pedal arm and also took up some slack in the throttle cable to put more tension on the srpings and it was bouncing off the rev limiter so I backed it down just enough to where the rev limiter isn't kicking in. Picked up a couple of mph. It is fine for now until I get a tach to keep an eye on the rpms.
i zip tied mine. adjusted it till it was at around 3800 rpms and hats where it stays! if i have my nephew on it, i slip it off, take it back to origanial mode. top speed is around 17mph on stock or turtle, and top on turbo mode is around 23 mph! no need to mess with any bolt, rods, cables, just 2 zip ties liked together!
but just rember bgw does not approve or suggest bypassing any saftey device on your cart it was put there for a reason! and bgw highly recommends that you don not mess with these saftey features!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car