lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2018, 05:25 PM   #81
eyc234
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: DIY - 4 x 12v to 6 x 8V Conversion (Part 1)

First post but an avid forum troller and diyer. Beginning a conversion of an 2005 Precedent next week and have a couple of questions. The cart has lights, horn and turn signal; does this mean that there is a reducer already in place? It also has a radio that is currently connected to one of the 12volt batteries, can this be tapped into the wiring harness with a plug & play harness add or is there a better way?
eyc234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2018, 11:01 AM   #82
mlanierjr
Getting Wild

At anyone who's done this conversion how is it holding up over time and which version of the OBC do you have?
Thanks,
Michael
mlanierjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 06:05 PM   #83
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
First post but an avid forum troller and diyer. Beginning a conversion of an 2005 Precedent next week and have a couple of questions. The cart has lights, horn and turn signal; does this mean that there is a reducer already in place? It also has a radio that is currently connected to one of the 12volt batteries, can this be tapped into the wiring harness with a plug & play harness add or is there a better way?
Because your cart has 4x12V batteries any 12V equipment, such as the lights you describe, could work off one of the batteries or from a reducer. The only way to tell is to trace the wires back from one of the lights, horn or flashers to see if it goes straight to a battery or if it goes to a reducer. With any luck you already have a 48V to 12V reducer, in which case you'll be able to re-use it after the conversion.

If you find that everything was working straight from 12V batteries then, as part of the conversion, you should install a good 48V to 12V reducer. A 30A model should run everything including your radio. I suggest you look for a unit from Scotty at Carts Unlimited or Dave from Revolution Golf Cars. Both sell good quality reducers with a fifth "trigger" wire. Scotty or Dave can also provide you with full instructions and support. If you buy elsewhere, like from Ebay, you'll be on your own.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:53 AM   #84
wetwillie
Not Yet Wild

Just found this post and I'm planning on converting my '06 Precedent to six 8 volt batteries and replacing the factory cables with 4 gauge cables at the same time. Could anyone tell me what are the lengths of the cables that I'll need I'll need?

Thanks
wetwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 10:50 AM   #85
vartz04
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetwillie View Post
Just found this post and I'm planning on converting my '06 Precedent to six 8 volt batteries and replacing the factory cables with 4 gauge cables at the same time. Could anyone tell me what are the lengths of the cables that I'll need I'll need?

Thanks

I’d suggest just buying a kit from Scotty or EV I got mine from EV From their eBay store for my Yamaha

I’m not 100% certain if they have the conversion kit cables.
vartz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:38 AM   #86
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree easiest way is to get a kit from scotty, he makes a really great set of cables, worth the money IMO.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 06:55 PM   #87
Chrisfop
Not Yet Wild

My 12volts are toast and I’ve been thinking about doing the same conversion. It might be just me but I have not had the best luck with Trojans. What brand 8 volts did you go with?
Chrisfop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 09:17 AM   #88
tlr6334
Gone Wild
Club Car

Anyone out there set 2 batteries in the rear golf club area? that is 4 btys in the front tub and 2 btys in the rear. Rear is covered by cargo box. If so, how did it work out?
tlr6334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 09:57 AM   #89
tlr6334
Gone Wild
Club Car

also will obc version 2.06 work with 6 8 volt btys>
tlr6334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:49 AM   #90
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Club Car recommends that only OBCs manufactured after January 2008 be used with the 6x8v battery setup.

I think that is rev 4.0 and higher.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car