lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2016, 09:06 PM   #1
nnmsgst
Gone Wild

Default New Wheels Wobble?

All,

A couple of weeks ago I started a thread asking about tire/wheel size for a club car DS. I settled on 215/35-12 for my NON-lifted DS.

Today I put the new wheels on, and they fit fine, but notice the way they wobble. Is this normal? Am I paranoid and/or am I doing something wrong? I never noticed if my old wheel did this.

See this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrcBCGjVeeE

Thanks
nnmsgst is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2016, 09:39 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: New Wheels Wobble?

That left front does not look correct. Could be your install technique, could be too much slop in the bearing load, could be loose suspension components. Jack up that corner, grab the whole tire/wheel and give it a good shake in all directions. Hopefully the wobble will show itself. If not, loosen all the lugs, reseat the wheel, and retighten.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:19 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

No that is not good at all. Either the wheel isn't seated correctly or it is bent. I would jack it up and spin that wheel and if it isn't true, try remounting it and torqueing it carefully.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:50 AM   #4
whit71
Gone Wild

Club Car

Make sure the tapered end of the lug nuts are fully seated into the rim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
whit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 10:36 AM   #5
eagleback
Not Yet Wild

Sound like to me you are talking about the rims and tire mounts. if the rims come mounted from china you might have some problems. The rims are not true or the tires are not mounted right or the tires are junk. Mine have the same problem i broke down the tire and tried to re-seat them and it helped a little but my rims are not the highest grade. 14" chrome rims with a 22 inch tires
eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:35 PM   #6
yota571
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I have the same problem just got a set of 23" predators and they wobble like crazy I checked all the suspension and hub no issues and didn't have any with old tires. I'm talking with the place I ordered them from to see if they have a solution

yota571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:49 PM   #7
nnmsgst
Gone Wild

Hey Yota,

I took my wheels off one by one. I finger tightened each lug nut while firmly pushing the wheel against the hub. My problem is solved!

I simply paid close attention to threading each nut on equally, then used a torque wrench to torque each one equally as well. Problem solved, virtually no wobble. You'd have to really look for it, and you don't feel it while driving the cart.

Good luck to you - hope this helps.
nnmsgst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 10:01 PM   #8
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Good work! It is very important to carefully tighten and torque aluminum wheels. (and steel ones for that matter) Especially with 4 lugs like we have on our carts. Using a torque wrench is a real good idea as well. Glad it worked for you.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:57 AM   #9
yota571
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Nnmsgst
Thanks man I'm going to try that today

yota571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car