lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2016, 03:47 PM   #1
Bwsooner6
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default New Trojan T-875, now what? :)

My 04 Club Car Ds had deteriorated from 18-19 mph to 8 jerky and slow take off with no torque, corrosion everywhere, etc.

So today I bit the bullet and bought 6 Trojan T-875 8V batteries for $750.00

I turned it on just to drive up on my trailer, I plan on taking it home, unloading driving in the garage and then charging.

Can someone tell me, the following:
1. Is there any precare I need to do besides the anti-corrosion gel on the connection and letting the new batteries charge overnight?
2. To keep the life, charge every night and clean terminals and check water monthly? ( I live in Oklahoma )
3. After its fully charged, if the jerking continues, does that mean I now also need the MCOR conversion?

Thanks, really paranoid about making these batteries last as long as i can. I ran my 48-12vdc yellow wire to the key switch, I have heard people voice concern about the converter keeping a continual drain on the battery.
Bwsooner6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2016, 04:41 PM   #2
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: New Trojan T-875, now what? :)

Everything that is generally known about batteries (and maximizing their life) is HERE. Personally I am conservative and never discharged my batteries past 75% for their first 10-20 cycles. Read all of it, and you will know as much about maximizing your batteries as anyone else on this site.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 04:43 PM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

First off, read this: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-break-in-.html

I've actually gotten away from using the anti-corrosion gel on my carts. It makes a sticky mess and attracts dirt. Don't overfill the batteries and you won't have any corrosion issues.

Yes, check water levels once a month.

In an ideal world, these batteries would be at 100% SOC their entire lives, so charge them any chance you get, typically overnight at the end of the day.

As for the jerkiness, try pumping the accelerator quickly about 30 times with the cart off and in neutral. This will clean off the wiper arm inside the MCOR.

Good luck.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:59 PM   #4
Bwsooner6
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
First off, read this: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-break-in-.html

I've actually gotten away from using the anti-corrosion gel on my carts. It makes a sticky mess and attracts dirt. Don't overfill the batteries and you won't have any corrosion issues.

Yes, check water levels once a month.

In an ideal world, these batteries would be at 100% SOC their entire lives, so charge them any chance you get, typically overnight at the end of the day.

As for the jerkiness, try pumping the accelerator quickly about 30 times with the cart off and in neutral. This will clean off the wiper arm inside the MCOR.

Good luck.

Thanks joesam, I read that but there wasn't any new battery info.

Jakesnake27, that's exactly what I needed!! So is the spray on terminal protector better than the goo packs, I would guess so since it eliminates dirt and such sticking to it. I'm assuming you spray it on after all connections are made?
Bwsooner6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 06:56 PM   #5
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Yes you spray it on after all the connections are made. Even the spray attracts dirt though, as it's sticky too. I used to use it when I first got my cart, but don't anymore for this reason...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:02 PM   #6
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

"wasn't any new battery info." in joesam's link? Must not have opened the pdf in post #5.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 03:52 PM   #7
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwsooner6 View Post
3. After its fully charged, if the jerking continues, does that mean I now also need the MCOR conversion?
i had the jerky take off on my 03 cart, before i bought the $160 mcor4 conversion i tore out the old mcor1
i was going to try to fix it from this thread by marshred
the plugs were full of dirt as was the input shaft, i blew everything out with my compressor and bench tested the mcor1
everything ohm'd out right according to the manual so i threw the mcor1 back in
everything is working great

i suspect a little corrosion in the plugs even though they looked pretty good
it's worth a try unless you have the $160 burning a hole in your pocket
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 03:59 PM   #8
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

i bought 6 new t875 and read up on battery maintenance
i was treating my old batteries like car batteries, keeping them full to the bottom of the split ring
i had corrosion on all my terminals, wet battery tops after charging, acid spills all over the frame and on my floor
now i keep the water level 1/4'' over the plates: no more corrosion, wet batteries or acid stains
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 09:12 AM   #9
DKRgoods
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I use dielectric grease on my battery terminals. Easy to clean and keeps corrosion to a bear minimum.
DKRgoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:01 AM   #10
scrannel
Gone Wild

I have been using a "Teflon" (lubricant) spray on my terminals. Not sticky and no corrosion. Of course, maybe my water levels are good as well. FWIW.
scrannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car