lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2016, 08:49 PM   #1
morrow21
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Lifted 98 TXT brakes grabbing

I just got my first cart yesterday. 1998 TXT lifted on 22s. Guy I got it from recently lifted it, thinks a brake pad may need replaced. Seems more than that. When you apply the brakes, it does a nose dive, grabs really hard. Could this be the cable and/or axle? Think I read that is possible, how do I diagnose?
Thanks
morrow21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2016, 09:03 PM   #2
FireEMT978
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Lifted 98 TXT brakes grabbing

I did a cheap "Chinese $99.00" lift kit on my TXT. I found that I had 1 brake that would lock up really easy. this year I got sick of it and just removed the hanger strap at the center of the cable. That completely fixed it for me.
FireEMT978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:18 PM   #3
morrow21
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks. I'll check that out
Old 08-13-2016, 03:08 PM   #4
morrow21
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

couldn't find any loose u-bolts. Extended the nut/bolt on the bracket that connects the pedal to the two cables underneath to try to give it more length, doesn't seem to help. doesn't seem to lock up braking in reverse, just forward, which if i remember what i read, that would be indicative of loose u bolt maybe? They do squeak really loud braking in reverse. Ive got pads the guy gave me to put on, guess its time to attempt a brake job. seems like only the drivers side locking up, which again tells me it might be the cable. Ive got another inch or so I could back off the nut, just seems like the assembly is flopping around easier and not helping. first time under a cart, sorry if its not making sense or seems elementary.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO