lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2016, 03:13 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart Won't Go

The controller is indicating it there are no problems & it is ready for a throttle up signal
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2016, 07:51 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkride View Post
Ok, I copied your instructions to my phone notes to have with me. When it wasn't running and with key on and pressed the pedal till solenoid clicked the controller flashed 4 green then solid green. With that could it still be a problem in the controller?
The LED going to solid green doesn't necessarily mean the controller is good, it only means that none of the half dozen or so conditions that trigger the blinking red error codes were detected, but the LED going to steady green is a relatively good sign that the controller may be good.

So far we know the solenoid clicks and the controller powers up.

The next step is determining if the controller is getting full pack voltage across the MOSFETs between the B- and M- terminals.

Checking if the controller is doing what it is being told to do, is a few steps further down the troubleshooting sequence.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 09:59 AM   #13
Checkride
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the valuable info JohnnyB. I almost wish it to stop running again to find the problem. I just don't like it to stop running when my grandkids are on it. I'm quereous if removing the m- cable from battery pack actually reset something that allowed it to start running again.
Checkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 10:41 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

M- is the output of the controller, so I don't think disconnecting it would have reset anything inside the controller. Or at least, not that I know of or can deduce from what I've been able to figure out about the way controllers work.

Attached is a block diagram of a Curtis 1204/1205 controller. The AXE-500 you have is based on a couple generations later technology, but the power section layout will be roughly the same.

Unlike its Sepex cousin the DCX, I don't believe the AXE is in a "standby" mode when the LED isn't illuminated, so I'm not sure if removing the B+ or B- cables would reset the AXE an further than it is reset when it is powered down by removing the voltage from Pin-1 by opening keyswitch, MS-2 or pedal switch.

Basically, the AXE is reset every time you lift your foot off the pedal unless the cart is wired differently than a stock series cart.

--------------
Intermittent problem are a bear to troubleshoot since you can only check the voltages and stuff when the problem exists.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Curtis 1204 block diagram.JPG (55.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO