lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2017, 11:06 AM   #21
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: ezgo waterlogged

Well that is where it gets tricky. In SC you need a vin to provide to the insurance company and the DMV. This may be a stupid question but is there a number under the charger port ?
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2017, 12:11 PM   #22
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

It's pretty easy. You do not need a VIN, all you need is the cart's serial number.
Call your insurance co. and tell them you want golf cart insurance. They'll ask for serial number and what the cart is used for.
After you get ins. go here:
http://www.scdmvonline.com/Vehicle-O...cles/Golf-Cart
You can fill out the form online and then take it to your local scdmv with proof of ins., driver license and five bucks, wait in line for an hour or two and walk out with your permit.

I have seen a lot of flood carts that people thought they had flushed the salt from the frame that are rusting 10 months later.
It you have thoroughly flushed the frame, spray it down with a corrosion preventer.

Last edited by Muddog; 08-17-2017 at 12:13 PM.. Reason: Forgot you had to have DL
Muddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:08 AM   #23
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Okay I said VIN but translate that to serial number which he doesn't have. It is unreadable.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:15 PM   #24
tubb
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I think I might have a problem with numbers but there is an old sc permit on the cart..think maybe sc dmv has a record of this?
tubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 03:15 PM   #25
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

That would be a definite maybe. Getting them to give it to you is another story.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:31 PM   #26
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

Went to dmv the other day to register 2 carts. Gave them paperwork and 10 bucks. a few minutes later I got my decals and permits.
I looked at the permits and there was nothing to denote which permit went to which cart.
I asked the lady which permit went to which cart, she said it didn't matter as they don't assign permits by serial number.
I don't see any reason why you cannot engrave your own serial on your cart.
There's nothing in the SC golf cart laws that says you can't.
Muddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:17 PM   #27
tubb
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

now that's an idea there! thanks
Old 08-19-2017, 12:23 PM   #28
tubb
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ok, went over frame front to back.. found one place a little rusty but not bad about 6 inches long. surface no holes.. looked completely over for any id.. none to be found other than sticker which you can't read..old sc sticker is not dated..how about that?
Old 08-24-2017, 07:15 PM   #29
tubb
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

well today got all hooked up and still no go.. thinking batteries need charge.. when I push pedal down solenoid clicked and motor bump but that was it.. reverse alarm gets weaker as I hold down pedal..gonna give it a fresh charge and try again tomorrow..has to be something simple..
Old 08-25-2017, 03:14 PM   #30
tubb
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ok here is where I'm at.. battery charging and I just had to try it.. it did good in reverse but just trying but not quite moving in forward... batterys are still charging. does it take more voltage for forward?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO