lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2021, 07:59 PM   #31
MadMark1026
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: new HD rear leaf spring sag?

after ordering a second set of HD springs for my 2014 precedent I realized I may be in for the same issues of having the springs sag and shackles flatten out - so I made shackels twice the length and added an aluminum block above my lower A arm to help level it out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5051.jpg (127.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5053.jpg (115.7 KB, 0 views)
MadMark1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2023, 07:01 PM   #32
davjohn28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Club car tempo , 6”! Lift, rear seat. 3 weeks old. Only ride in neighborhood with wife and never put weight on rear. According to paperwork these are the dual action HD springs. Are they supposed to flatten like that with the lift blocks and rear seat?
Also, I’m going to remove some of the u bolt nuts and cut the bolts down to tidy it all up some!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EBC604C7-CB48-4108-9BE0-381873BA40DC.jpg (237.5 KB, 0 views)
davjohn28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 08:43 PM   #33
Murby
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddog View Post
Instead of worrying over defective springs, send them back, order a set from a sponsor.
Start over with a known set of correct springs.
My springs are doing the same thing.. I ordered them from a sponsor "GolfCartTireSupply.com" in Dec of 2020.

I had also ordered an AllSports long travel lift kit, and due to the extreme backlog, it didn't arrive until the end of Sept 2021, at which time, I installed the front lift kit and the new HD springs from GolfcartTireSupply.

My springs are sagging as well.. they are completely flat and actually have a slightly backward curve to them.

I just fired off an email to GolfCartTireSupply.com a few minutes ago, I guess we'll see if they stand behind their products.
Murby is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car