lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2018, 08:45 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Batteries and Winter

Were the voltage readings taken before or after adding water?
Adding water reduces the SG of the electrolyte, so the batteries are no longer as fully charged.
Not a major issue, but can change voltage readings a bit.

Only add water to fully charged batteries and then recharge them before taking voltage readings for diagnostic purposes.

The voltage readings are a little low, but the temperature of the electrolyte and lead are probably closer to 40°F than 66°F, so they are in the ballpark and all within 0.03V of each other, so the pack is well balanced.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2018, 11:28 AM   #12
Beagler
Not Yet Wild

I use my cart during deer season and turkey season quite a bit. During cold weather the charge runs down quicker in cold weather than when it's warmer. In the heat of the summer the charge stays maintained a lot longer.
Beagler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:26 PM   #13
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Were the voltage readings taken before or after adding water?
Adding water reduces the SG of the electrolyte, so the batteries are no longer as fully charged.
Not a major issue, but can change voltage readings a bit.

Only add water to fully charged batteries and then recharge them before taking voltage readings for diagnostic purposes.

The voltage readings are a little low, but the temperature of the electrolyte and lead are probably closer to 40°F than 66°F, so they are in the ballpark and all within 0.03V of each other, so the pack is well balanced.
Thanks for the feedback...

I did take the reading before adding water....it that provides anymore information.

I added water and put it on the charge. After the charge finished, it is now about 17 hours after charger shutoff and the pack is at 39.2.

This seems a little more what I am used to seeing.

The water levels were definitely up over the plates previously, but by adding more water...could this slow down the self discharge rate?

I guess it could also be it seemed a little warmer today.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
skipsmith521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO