lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2018, 01:45 PM   #1
1timegolfer
Not Yet Wild

Smile Identifying my first cart

Hello, and thanks for allowing me to be part of this forum.. So i picked up my first golf cart and can not find any numbers anywhere on this thing. all I know is that it is a golf and country by western. I have no idea what year, model , or anything. I have be on line trying find out how to identify this thing. any help finding some numbers would be greatly appreciated... Thank you in advance!!! BY the way i have taken the fiberglass body completely off looking on the frame.
1timegolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2018, 11:11 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Identifying my first cart

Most of the time, the SN is on the curved part of the frame just above the batteries on the passenger side. That's the Ezgo frame SN. Westerns are built on an Ezgo chassis. The cart itself usually has a 18 digit Vin on the dash on driver's side like an automobile.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:45 PM   #3
EZHO
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Westerns are built on an Ezgo chassis.
maybe this can help
I Just copy and pasted, But hopefully someone else can help from here
GAS ..
From 1971 to 1975 E-Z-GO used a 175cc 2-cycle 17-CES 1PG Robin engine. This engine had four head
bolts. It was painted blue. It had an internal starter generator. In 1976 they came out with the model EC25-
DS 244c Robin engine made by Fugi Heavy Industries. This engine had six head bolts. It was painted black.
It still had an internal starter/generator that was kept until mid 1980. In mid 1980 they came out with a
Hitachi brand external starter/generator with modifications to the engine and clutch. This model EC25-2PG
engine was used until 1988. In 1981 they came out with electronic ignition. 1983 was a single year model
easily identified by having the muffler lying down behind the engine rather than standing up. In 1984 they
went back to the stand up muffler near the drivers side of the cart.
ELECT' ...
Prior to 1971 electric E-Z-GOs used solenoid switching for speed control using five solenoids. Some of the very earliest carts from the early fifties used seven solenoids, four for forward and reverse and three for speed control. From 1971 to early 1982 they used a combination of a rectangular shaped speed control board with a single solenoid mounted on top in conjunction with a group of three resistors. In late 1982 they changed the board to one with a corner cut off with the resistors attached to the trailing edge of the board. This was a one year only. In 1983 they moved the resistors to the rear. The resistors were mounted on a board with leads setting the resistors off to the side. They kept this design until 1985 when the came out with resistors mounted down the center of the board. They kept this design until 1994 when they changed over to electronic motor speed control.

From 1965 until June of 1971 E-Z-GO used a G.E. motor with a spiral cut output gear which was part of the armature. The differential had a large square flange where the motor bolted up. The opposite end of the motor had a male keyed output shaft where the single band drum brake attached. These carts had tapered keyed axles. In July of 1971 to October of 1975 they used a ten spline internal hub output shaft motor with an external shaft on the other end for the single band brake drum. These motors were either GE of Prestolite. The differential had a small square motor mounting flange from July of 1971 to May of 1975. This differential used equal length tapered keyed axles. From June of 1972 until October of 1975 the axles had ten spline hubs
EZHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 07:15 PM   #4
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

A photo of under the seat showing the electric components and one of the batteries can also help give a year range.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO