lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2018, 10:15 AM   #1
gijon
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default A Little Troubleshooting Help

I could use a little help. Been doing some reading and have printed off some troubleshooting tips.

My welder repaired my battery compartment. The weather here has been so cold or wet I could not work on it. I used rust converter in the battery compartment and topcoated it with POR15.

I installed a new set of batteries, interconnect cables, charging harness/plug. The wiring in the cart is exactly like the diagram for the solid state controller. The only thing missing is the buzzer. I may be wrong, but the buzzer should not affect the cart running.

So, I turned the ignition key with the F/R switch is either position pressed the acc pedal...nothing.

I have about 37V at the charge plug and the ignition switch. With the ignition on, I get voltage on the other side, so I have determined battery wiring is correct and ignition switch is functional. I will troubleshoot the solenoid next.

When I turn on the ignition, should I hear anything? Should the solenoid click or buzz or anything? Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
Jon
gijon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2018, 10:29 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: A Little Troubleshooting Help

The go pedal should activate the solenoid. This is a resistor coil cart, so there is a micro switch on the speed wiper board that triggers the solenoid. I hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:41 AM   #3
gijon
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: A Little Troubleshooting Help

Thanks ScottyB,
I believe this is not a resistor cart, but solid state. See attached photo. This was taken before the compartment repair.

BTW Happy Birthday!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1989 ezgo battery compart.jpg (180.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-25-2018, 01:39 PM   #4
gijon
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Yippeee

I continued to check everything out. I found one bad red wire from the F/R switch to the terminal on the controller. Also found the contact switch on the go pedal was apparently stuck from sitting for so long.

Now it runs great. My wife even took a quick cruise down the the shop and back and loves it.

I'll post more photos once I make a few improvements to the cart.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO