lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2018, 07:38 PM   #11
Tom Cocke
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: No help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCW View Post
Tom,
What you don't realize is that you did not post something "simple" as your cart is perhaps one of the most complicated carts out there ... and making one wiring mistake on your cart could easily end up in a $1000 repair bill ... research your cart on this forum and you might be able to learn from other people's mistakes.

Welcome to the forum. I hope that you become a contributing member to BGW and can pay it forward by sharing your experiences with other users. That's how this forum works best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tom Cocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2018, 07:39 PM   #12
Tom Cocke
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=Tom Cocke;1488835]Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/

You guys are great ! Thanks a ton !
Now let me go take this excellent info and see what i can do! Thanks !!

Tom Cocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:49 PM   #13
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCW View Post
Tom,
What you don't realize is that you did not post something "simple" as your cart is perhaps one of the most complicated carts out there ... and making one wiring mistake on your cart could easily end up in a $1000 repair bill ... research your cart on this forum and you might be able to learn from other people's mistakes.

Welcome to the forum. I hope that you become a contributing member to BGW and can pay it forward by sharing your experiences with other users. That's how this forum works best.

I don't read this forum daily... real life gets in the way some days. I try to help when I can, but asking about RXV lighting issues when there are so many aftermarket light kits for RXVs... there was just not enough information to work with. That thread is progressing nicely now, and this thread did help by bringing attention to the lack of responses there. I for one am glad that he brought my attention to that thread.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:14 PM   #14
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

[quote=Tom Cocke;1488836]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Cocke View Post
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/

You guys are great ! Thanks a ton !
Now let me go take this excellent info and see what i can do! Thanks !!

Great glad you got advice. You won’t find a better forum.

LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:01 AM   #15
NBE
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I definitely agree that you won’t find a better golf cart forum than this one. In the four years I’ve been here I’ve learned many things about my cart. Most of the info is from searching and reading and figuring things out for myself. When I can’t get a satisfactory answer I’ll ask the members here. It IS a great place.

That being said, what is a person n to do when their question is not answered in a timely fashion? And what is considered by the members here a timely response? I’m a member of six other forums online and have always had an answer in a few hours or so. Maybe 20 hours is the longest before an answer came but usually it’s there fairly quickly. So again, what is the accepted protocol for a person who needs an answer but doesn’t get one. Seems if a member complains or brings it up they get bashed for it. I guess I’ll get some flack for this post as they’re always a few to jump.

I posted a question six days ago because I needed to quickly purchase a part for a repair. After researching I still was left with a question so I asked. I needed to make this purchase as soon as possible but it didn’t work out that way and I’m still stuck in the same position that I was in last week.

That post has a little over 80 views and not one reply. Saw one the other night from December 2017, with over 125 views and no reply. I know this is not the norm here and some posts fall through the cracks so I ask, what should one do when they’re in need of an answer to a question and they don’t get one?

Thanks and I apologize in advance if I offended anyone! Not my intention.
NBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:28 AM   #16
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBE View Post
I definitely agree that you won’t find a better golf cart forum than this one. In the four years I’ve been here I’ve learned many things about my cart. Most of the info is from searching and reading and figuring things out for myself. When I can’t get a satisfactory answer I’ll ask the members here. It IS a great place.

That being said, what is a person n to do when their question is not answered in a timely fashion? And what is considered by the members here a timely response? I’m a member of six other forums online and have always had an answer in a few hours or so. Maybe 20 hours is the longest before an answer came but usually it’s there fairly quickly. So again, what is the accepted protocol for a person who needs an answer but doesn’t get one. Seems if a member complains or brings it up they get bashed for it. I guess I’ll get some flack for this post as they’re always a few to jump.

I posted a question six days ago because I needed to quickly purchase a part for a repair. After researching I still was left with a question so I asked. I needed to make this purchase as soon as possible but it didn’t work out that way and I’m still stuck in the same position that I was in last week.

That post has a little over 80 views and not one reply. Saw one the other night from December 2017, with over 125 views and no reply. I know this is not the norm here and some posts fall through the cracks so I ask, what should one do when they’re in need of an answer to a question and they don’t get one?

Thanks and I apologize in advance if I offended anyone! Not my intention.

I think the problem in this circumstance was the way the op handled it. He has since apologized, but initially he came off as very rude, and I think even a bit entitled.

This forum has saved me so much $ and time and I’ll probably never be able to give back to the level I’ve received. That being said, I do notice the occasional oddity where a post doesn’t seem to get much attention. I think it’s rare, but it does happen. Like a lot of forums, there are a number of guys here that are invaluable and respond to the majority of the questions. These guys give a ton of their time to the forum. Sometimes they’re probably busy, or sidetracked by other threads.

Personally, sometimes I’m apprehensive to post a reply. I’ve rebuilt a grand total of 1 golf cart. That was a couple of years ago but I still read this thing daily and have learned a lot. However, I don’t want to pass along bad info, so I try and only respond when I’m sure. (Probably screwed that one up a couple of times). I know there’s plenty of other guys in my same situation.

I think there’s nothing wrong with bumping a thread if it seems it has been missed. I did that just the other day for one, but I still don’t think it got resolved. Often I’ll just reply with a request for year, drive type, soc or whatever other info I think the smart guys are going to need solve the problem. My new self given nickname is “ the fluffer” for anyone that gets that.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:33 AM   #17
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Depends, I give 24 hrs and bump it.
If no response then look at what you are asking and try again.

This site is open to all and those 80-125 views can come from non members that just don't' want to join and post.

I think all questions are welcome here and support is usually given.

Business and work take up a lot of major members time and post can be delayed.

All in all this is a great site and helping out where you can is what it's all about.
Also you can help a member get up an running as best as possible.
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 02:09 PM   #18
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Where can I get some Daam bait?
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO