lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2018, 11:35 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2002 ezgo txt shuttle 6s not moving

You could keep your mechanical switch in place, and use it's reverse microswitch to activate your switching relays (which will be doing all the "heavy lifting"). The shuttle has a pretty long lever, which makes shifting pretty easy, so not much issue with "hard to shift" on those models.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2018, 11:15 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classifiedinfo View Post
JohnnieB,

So this essentially removes the manual FNR switch? I don't need to buy that plus the reversing contactor, correct?

Thanks,

CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
I’m definitely no johnnieB, but yes, the contactor replaces the f/r switch. You do not need both.

Here is what it looks like: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/reversing-contactors.html

The rocker switch is installed where the shift lever used to be.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:22 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
You could keep your mechanical switch in place, and use it's reverse microswitch to activate your switching relays (which will be doing all the "heavy lifting"). The shuttle has a pretty long lever, which makes shifting pretty easy, so not much issue with "hard to shift" on those models.
Does the shift lever arrangement oh the shuttle precluded a rocker or toggle switch from being installed in that location.

Whatever is used to control the contactors, the length of the high current path in a shuttle is reduced by about 20', which is about 50 Watts of power loss per 100A of current flow.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:48 AM   #14
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Does the shift lever arrangement oh the shuttle precluded a rocker or toggle switch from being installed in that location.

Whatever is used to control the contactors, the length of the high current path in a shuttle is reduced by about 20', which is about 50 Watts of power loss per 100A of current flow.

No, but it is a curved "area", not impossible, but a "odd shape". Both of our ideas include moving the big wires back to the controller/battery area. I just suggested keeping the lever because I always try to think of "who is used to using this everyday, and will not be happy with change of program". I get that this may not include habits of this newer owner. These carts are typically 'heavy duty' carts. Using all three of the (com, No, Nc) terminals already offered would keep the lever style intact .
Old 04-25-2018, 11:46 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
No, but it is a curved "area", not impossible, but a "odd shape". Both of our ideas include moving the big wires back to the controller/battery area. I just suggested keeping the lever because I always try to think of "who is used to using this everyday, and will not be happy with change of program". I get that this may not include habits of this newer owner. These carts are typically 'heavy duty' carts. Using all three of the (com, No, Nc) terminals already offered would keep the lever style intact .
Thanks for the info. I've never seen one of these carts up close and wasn't aware the lever was in a curved area.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:08 PM   #16
cgtech

Yamaha

The front seat is 2 buckets with a console in the middle. Console has F&R lever and e-brake handle.

Upon further research, not all of them were like this, but all the ones with the HD "juice" brakes I have seen we're like this.

Last edited by cgtech; 04-25-2018 at 08:16 PM.. Reason: Found out I was partly wrong.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:40 PM   #17
Classifiedinfo
Not Yet Wild

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting closer to figuring this out. I swapped out the F&R Switch but it's still not running right. When I stepped on the pedal, the solenoid clicks, and the cart starts full throttle. When I push down the peddle all the way, it stops. I think I have some cables backwards some where but can't figure it out. What did I wire wrong?

Here's the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60VcqjZ5tGw
Classifiedinfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 10:38 AM   #18
Classifiedinfo
Not Yet Wild

anyone?
Old 05-04-2018, 03:26 PM   #19
Classifiedinfo
Not Yet Wild

Done with this stupid thing. I've replaced the F&R switch, the ITS, and break solenoid. Nothing makes it work. Selling it!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO