lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2018, 02:34 PM   #1
Sougentlmn0140
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Starts, Runs good then Zero after sits.

I can turn the key, go as long as I need to, then stop & turn key off, come back to go again and nothing, completely dead. Even though the solenoid clicks, no lights on Alltrax or movement. When I winch on trailer and get home, bam, its working and running fine! I am leaning toward replacing the key ignition but any other advice is welcomed!
Sougentlmn0140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2018, 04:52 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Starts, Runs good then Zero after sits.

If the solenoid clicks, but the Alltrax controller does not power up (LED blinking four times and then staying on), the problem isn't the keyswitch. Keyswitch contacts have to be closed to get solenoid to click.

The symptom point to an intermittent connection (red wire) from solenoid small terminal with red wires on it and pin-4 of controller, or a bad controller.

Which Alltrax controller do you have?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 09:16 PM   #3
Sougentlmn0140
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Alltrax 500A, 36 volt, ...well I replaced Key Switch anyway, also connections to F/R switch I thought were loose... same thing this morning...ran good with full charge...stopped to scout a field...got back in ---NOTHING...winched on trailer, got home, NO PROBLEM...dang frustrating...Alltrax is 2 Years Old...
Old 04-29-2018, 09:19 PM   #4
Sougentlmn0140
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Appreciate the troubleshooting advice
Old 04-30-2018, 08:41 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

What model Alltrax controller: AXE, SPM, SR?

Also, I'm guessing you have a series dive cart since Sepex drive carts have to have controller power up to get the solenoid to click.

The symptoms are that the solenoid clicks, but the controller's LED does not come on?
Old 04-30-2018, 09:19 AM   #6
Sougentlmn0140
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Alltrax AXE 500A
Its a 2007 EZGO...pretty sure SERIES
I have a Dual Batter 36V/12V Battery Monitor, which activates & Lights up to show battery strength but Cart won't move...also of note...it is powered with 3 12 V Optima Yellow Top Batteries and 3 additional 12 V Optima Batteries wired in Parallel. Total of 6 Batteries, then 1 Additional 12V Optima Battery that runs lights, with, etc.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:11 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

That is a very expensive 36V 110AH battery pack. (Standard 36V battery pack is 225AH)

All it takes to power up an AXE is B- on the B- terminal and B+ on Pin-1.

B+ to Pin-1 is in parallel with the solenoid coil, so if the solenoid clicks when the pedal is pushed and the AXE does not power up, either the wire attached to Pin-1 is bad, or the controller is bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AXE bench power.jpg (21.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg AXE-NPX in EZGO.jpg (258.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-30-2018, 02:48 PM   #8
Sougentlmn0140
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

As you know these machines are basically built to fail at some point and here I am....I bought it from electrical engineer who loved to create & tinker, hence the Optima Batteries. When stuff goes wrong, I have to troubleshoot like this. I have attached a few pictures for your review....It does say Alltrax AXE 4855 ITS....IMG_6035.jpg

IMG_6029.jpg
Old 05-01-2018, 10:41 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

That wiring is a bit more complex than most, but it still boils down to the simple fact that the solenoid is energized and the AXE is powered up by battery pack voltage coming from the pedal switch.

If the solenoid clicks when pedal is pushed, than the voltage is not getting from the solenoid's small terminal with two red wires and a diode attached to it and Pin-1 on the AXE. There is a possibility that the AXE is bad, but a voltage measurement can answer that question. If there is battery pack voltage on Pin-1 when the pedal is pushed and the LED on the AXE does not illuminate, the controller is bad.

Personally, I'd build a new wire from the small terminal on the solenoid to Pin-1 on the controller. Crimp-on terminals and push-on connectors can cause all sorts of problems.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:17 AM   #10
Sougentlmn0140
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well I built a new wire and going good for for last 2 days...fingers crossed. Anyway Yes it is complicated wiring scheme. I would LOVE to simplify the wiring in this cart. It's just seems too complicated to figure it out. Thanks Again for your assistance!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO