lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2018, 10:43 PM   #61
GCash
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: The Classic "my cart wont go"

Got a chance to sneak into the garage tonight, got the motor put back together and reinstalled. hooked the jumper cables up to it and it started spinning. I ended up picking up a new bearing and brushes for it, and took it to a buddies shop and cut the commuter down on the lathe. I’ve attached a few pics of the motor as requested, hopefully they can help someone out in the future. I hopefully the last thing to do is figure out the controller.

To explain the pics a little, you need to press the main shaft out of the bearing, you access it by removing the snap ring and speed sensor on the end of the motor. Then put it in the press and press it threw the speed sensor hole and it will drop out of the end cap. Once the main shaft is out of the way, you can see the snap ring hiding underneath that holds the bearing into the cap. I could have probably gotten away with leaving the original bearing but after beating on it with a hammer and socket for awhile I didn’t trust it. Then you can remove the 2 screws that hold the mount for the brushes (take notes of how it’s clocked and what goes where. Pop out the old brushes pop the new ones in, put your 2 screws back in, you can see in the pic how I have the springs on the sides of the brushes, this is to keep them out of the way to drop the main shaft back in. press it back into your bearing, there’s a little ledge on the shaft the bearing sits on so you can’t press it on to far, push your brushes in against the commuter, but the end cap back on the base of the motor and install it back in the cart
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C46499C4-C00A-4370-B9D7-E485C2B18716.jpg (164.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ED568F56-4674-4048-AE68-C43704ACC313.jpg (164.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg C7EB74AB-7F21-4E69-BD28-9456EF266D7E.jpg (161.6 KB, 0 views)
GCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2018, 02:58 PM   #62
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

GC, that is is a great report on how to work on that motor!
I sure learned something from it.

Give an Alltrax controller a look.
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:26 PM   #63
GCash
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Little update on the old txt, I ended up having the controller rebuilt, and I upgraded all the main cables from what was a combination of 4 and 6 gauge to all 2ga. And she’s rolling again! I haven’t taken it off the jack stands yet to road test it but so far it’s looking pretty good. I gotta put some panels back on and tidy up the wiring but I’m excited to have it running again. Was definitely a good learning experience, I know more about this thing than I ever wanted too lol. Would like to thank everyone again for helping out, this forum was/is super helpful in getting this going again. I probably changed out a lot of stuff I didn’t need too but now it’s fresh from front to back and it’s good piece of mind knowing all the little issues we found along the way are taken care of now. I may just have to keep it now, instead of selling it like I was trying to do before all this. I build custom cars and trucks as a hobby and I got some things in mind I may have to do to the cart. I’ll have to start a build thread in the project section. Thanks again for all the help
Old 08-17-2018, 09:30 PM   #64
GCash
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Here’s a couple pics of what we’ve been working on. I painted it for the previous owner, it’s ford’s sonic blue metallic. My wife’s mustang is this blue, ended up painting one of my trucks that color too so we had some extra paint thanks again guys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5E546668-4CC1-4FF5-8F1C-38A7D2DA822C.jpg (337.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 58FE7277-52F5-4DD9-92A4-306BFF9A0B30.jpg (206.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-30-2018, 08:31 PM   #65
GCash
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Got around to taking it for a spin tonight since the rebuild, stock rebuilt controller, stock rebuilt motor, 2ga battery and controller wires. It’s always had the speed chip in it. The cart felt faster. So I turned the Speedometer on on my phone, it did 18mph consistently on flat ground. I never checked it before so I don’t have anything to compare it to. Is that normal for the 36v pds carts? I didn’t think they went that fast lol
Old 08-30-2018, 09:11 PM   #66
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

With speed chip installed a stock PDS does 17 to 19 MPH.

Tjhe stock controller limits the motor to about 4400RPM, but with an aftermarket controller with adjustable RPM limiting will allow it to go to about 5600RPM (24MPH), which is the RPM max for a stock PDS motor with a 36V battery pack.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO