lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2018, 08:36 PM   #1
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

Default Txt 48 controller diagnosing

Hey all,
I checked the stickies and it seems there are diagnosing threads on the series and early sepex carts.

Cart is question is a 2012. Brand new batteries and solenoid. I am being told the controller was diagnosed as bad.

How can do tests to determine this myself before a new controller is bought?

If one of the sticky threads included the newer txt48 controllers and I missed it let me know.

Thanks
Dan33Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2018, 12:36 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Txt48 controller diagnosing

Hmm, I don't have the "entire library of Ezgo OEM files" on my phone anymore (it died/erased everything). Sounds like I need to renew those files. And I sure wish all the controllers had the "status led" like the 1234/36/38 controllers have. It flashes the error code that you could just look up in the list.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:15 AM   #3
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

That would sure make it easier.
Another poster posted a wiring harness this morning for a 2010+ txt48 system.
That would at least help somewhat.

I emailed ScottyB to try to get some help with diagnosing. If I can determine it is the controller that is bad I plan on buying an alltrax 500a controller kit from him
Old 08-23-2018, 12:17 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The 36V PDS controller (Curtis 1206MX), its predecessor the DCS (1206SX) and the TXT-48 (1206HB) all work the same way. First they have to be powered up. Then they have to be told which direction the amps flow through the field windings, when to activate the solenoid and how many amps the armature will be allowed to draw.

Generic troubleshooting is all that is needed to determine if the problem is internal or external to the controller.

What are the symptoms?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 02:42 PM   #5
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The 36V PDS controller (Curtis 1206MX), its predecessor the DCS (1206SX) and the TXT-48 (1206HB) all work the same way. First they have to be powered up. Then they have to be told which direction the amps flow through the field windings, when to activate the solenoid and how many amps the armature will be allowed to draw.

Generic troubleshooting is all that is needed to determine if the problem is internal or external to the controller.

What are the symptoms?

Thanks for repsosnding. I don’t have ge cart in my possession right now but I am hoping to by the end of the weekend and I can report back with the symptoms. Battery back is new and so is solenoid. I will do the basic checks and go from there. If I have good pack voltage and the solenoid is working and shows pack voltage at the controller I will need to diagnose the controller further.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:12 PM   #6
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

Default Re: Txt 48 controller diagnosing

Got the cart today. Was going to start trouble shooting the controller then I noticedt the side of the controller looked a little distorted. I’m pretty sure troubleshooting is a waste of time... lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F0BEB43A-E895-4FE0-B24F-8AFEFE5C9AAE.jpg (202.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-26-2018, 04:47 PM   #7
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan33Klein View Post
Got the cart today. Was going to start trouble shooting the controller then I noticedt the side of the controller looked a little distorted. I’m pretty sure troubleshooting is a waste of time... lol
Yea, the smoke escaped already. It looks like whatever let out the smoke coated pretty much most of the Logic PCB. A hosedown with Blue Shower might clean the grime off of the logic PCB, but then comes the task of locating and replacing components. You can buy a used replacement 1206HB-5201 from eBay for $215 and free shipping. I bought one from him last week and it checked out to be good.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/302313791785

FSIP would want more than that to repair yours. I could check it out for you if you want.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:38 PM   #8
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Yea, the smoke escaped already. It looks like whatever let out the smoke coated pretty much most of the Logic PCB. A hosedown with Blue Shower might clean the grime off of the logic PCB, but then comes the task of locating and replacing components. You can buy a used replacement 1206HB-5201 from eBay for $215 and free shipping. I bought one from him last week and it checked out to be good.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/302313791785

FSIP would want more than that to repair yours. I could check it out for you if you want.

I just purchased the same one you did. He took 200$ shipped for it.
Hopefully it’s here on wednesday
Old 08-26-2018, 06:01 PM   #9
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 06:35 AM   #10
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post

Bob, did you install this controller into a cart yet?

Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO