lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2018, 07:13 AM   #1
Joatmony2k
Getting Wild

Default 2004 club car help

My friend has a 2004 48 volt club car DS with a series motor, lifted, 22” tires other then that it is all stock. And as you know it does not have much get up and go.

He wants to get it so it will get up and go. I check his battery’s and they are only about 2 years old and volts are good. The voltage drop when riding is only about 47 volts. It goes pretty good after it is rolling but just slow on start.

We fixing to change the cables on it but I told him I think we need to do a little more.

Question what should we do to get it to where he wants it at.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Joatmony2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2018, 11:09 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2004 club car help

The cables are needed, but will not give you a lot in regards to what you need. Go here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/c...-club-car-ds-i and these are all upgrade parts for a Series DS. I would make my first purchase the SR controller and then go from there.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 04:08 PM   #3
Joatmony2k
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
The cables are needed, but will not give you a lot in regards to what you need. Go here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/c...-club-car-ds-i and these are all upgrade parts for a Series DS. I would make my first purchase the SR controller and then go from there.

Thanks NoleFan4Ever this is what I had in mind just wanted to make sure.

Old 08-23-2018, 04:17 PM   #4
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

With an Alltrax Controller you can adjust the acceleration from "will I make it through this intersection before the light changes" to "instant whiplash"
WalterM6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 06:29 PM   #5
Joatmony2k
Getting Wild

Ok this cart had an issue that it would click but not move. I tested the MCOR wires at the controller and they was dead no Ohms. So I replace it and it work for two days and now it will not move again.

I have not check it out yet to see if it is the same problem yet but just looking for any input as what I need to look at?

I have check and clean all wires and did not fine any other issues but the MCOR.

Old 08-23-2018, 07:30 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Are you hearing the actual solenoid behind the seat "click" after you depress the pedal?
Old 08-23-2018, 07:46 PM   #7
Joatmony2k
Getting Wild

Quote:
Are you hearing the actual solenoid behind the seat "click" after you depress the pedal?

Yes it does. Last time it did also but I did not have any ohms on 2 and 3 on the controller so I replace the MCOR and it work fine.

This intermittent issue has happen before but this was the first time I’m looking into it.

I have not check it yet to see what I will fine this time. But in the pass he said it would work and when he would go out to use it it would not go. Then out of the blue it would work. GHOST

Old 08-23-2018, 08:05 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Then you are correct to check the output of the potentiometer in your MCOR. If it was a Chinese knockoff or a Amazon one, there are pages and pages of problems with them.

If you have a bad MCOR, got one from a site sponsor here like Revolution Golf Cars so you know you are getting OEM quality and the support of David if there is a problem....

If the test proves good, we will check the output of the controller when the problem happens....
Old 08-23-2018, 08:23 PM   #9
Joatmony2k
Getting Wild

Quote:
Then you are correct to check the output of the potentiometer in your MCOR. If it was a Chinese knockoff or a Amazon one, there are pages and pages of problems with them.

If you have a bad MCOR, got one from a site sponsor here like Revolution Golf Cars so you know you are getting OEM quality and the support of David if there is a problem....

If the test proves good, we will check the output of the controller when the problem happens....

Thanks again I will check it out Monday that is my next day off and will post back. It was from amazon and that will not happen again.

Old 08-31-2018, 04:58 PM   #10
Joatmony2k
Getting Wild

Ok help again lol I did check that the MCOR did go back out and yes it was from Amazon. So I order one from David and got it in today.

Problem is I have a AA model and on the paper work that came with the MCOR4 don’t have it listed as it to fit. I know I have read if the MCOR1 goes out to put a MCOR4 in it place.

I don’t want to put this on if it is not right or someone can confirm that it is. I try to call David but I guess they are close now any help.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car