lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2018, 09:34 PM   #1
sunking
Gone Wild

Default TXT 48 Fleet - Freedom Confusion.

Though I had this figured out, but after looking at EZGO website what I thought is not accurate about Drive System.

I thought the difference between Fleet and Freedom drive system was Fleet was Series motors and Freedom uses Shunt motors (aka PDS). But after looking at EZGO website only difference I see now is Freedom has a few optional items like headlights and tail lights added, but both Fleet and Freedom both use Shunt Wound motors.

Did EZGO make that motor change when it went to TXT 48 volt? Missing something.
sunking is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2018, 09:38 PM   #2
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Re: TXT 48 Fleet - Freedom Confusion.

Names like Freedom and Shuttle and Valor are just trim levels, sometimes imply speeds. Freedom TXT is set at 18 to 19MPH out the gate.

Ezgo was using shunt motors since the DCS, PDS and TXT48
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:00 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

There was also 36v series drive type TXTs that are "freedom", and do 18-19 mph. All the newer 48v TXT TCT models are sepex (shunt) motors.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:31 PM   #4
sunking
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
All the newer 48v TXT TCT models are sepex (shunt) motors.
THX, what model year did EZGO stop offering series? I assume when they introduced 48 volts?

I know, or I think I know, 36 volt models had 3 drive systems of DCS, PDS, or Series. For whatever reason I thought Fleet carts were Series, and Freedom was PDS. Today it appears all new TXT models only come with PDS right?
Old 08-29-2018, 11:33 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I'm not seeing anything thats referring to PDS on new TXTs. Instead of PDS, it appears that they are now called TCT (True Course Technology). I'm not totally sure, but I think 2010 was the last year for series carts for "regular golf cart" configuration TXTs.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 09:09 AM   #6
sunking
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I'm not seeing anything thats referring to PDS on new TXTs. Instead of PDS, it appears that they are now called TCT (True Course Technology).
Thanks. My bad using a Marketing term, Shunt Wound Motors with SEPEX controller. Way I see it, will not be long before cart manufactures stop using SEPEX setups, and only offer AC and BLDC motor models as prices continue to drop on AC and BLDC motor controllers. Kind of like HD and UHD televisions, once you tried one, there is no going back to inferior technology.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:41 AM   #7
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Never seen a TCT but we do see T48, as in the more recent body style TXT 48 cars. Just started showing up around these parts.

I have not seen any newer 36V anything from EZ lately. 2009 seems to be one of the last years for that. Did they go 48V all across the board now? EZGO is king of change lately.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:14 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

None of the big 3 makes a 36v cart today. 36 is an obsolete drive system. 75% of the performance complaints I get are 36v series carts. I think 09 or 10 was the last year of these. The TXT48 is the new PDS. It is improved with a bigger motor & more torque.
The one Freedom name tag that always threw me off was the Series cart. It got lights and a high rpm motor with the Freedom badge.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO