lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2018, 08:15 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Change of batteries

The 6v vs 8v it is just the number of cells per battery and it does not mean much on the algorithm.

The algorithms are created for the battery chemistry and adjust the charge voltage based on the VPC it is designed to support.

According to this Delta-Q article, the profile #1 is the correct profile for the Trojan T-875:
https://support.delta-q.com/support/...hm-suggestions

PD+ batteries are made by johnson controls Inc for Club Car.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2018, 08:27 AM   #12
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

It's incredibly simple to change the charge profile on the ERIC chargers. I'd suggest doing that because the chargers may have an incorrect charge profile that has deteriorated the current batteries.

Save the new profile to an empty USB thumb drive. Plug the drive into the USB port on the charger and it uploads automatically. Bring the charger into the shop with the cart and you can update the profile while the batteries are being swapped out.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:36 AM   #13
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Sorry, been asleep as i am in the UK lol. Many thanks again for the info guys, I will definitely change the profiles now having taken more time to read all the information.

Luke, if you look at my posts, i stated T-875 but at the time could only find info on the profile for T-105 that stated "may be suitable for" others.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:56 AM   #14
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I would think any new battery would last until next spring.

Just curious. Are you talking about 9 carts out of a fleet of how many?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 01:18 AM   #15
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Ok, you are thinking similar to me Mooncarter. Why bother if the fleet is going in the spring and being replaced? The total fleet on our company in my region, totals around 150 carts, so nine out of 150 is not too sad i admit, but! those needing batteries are all on my site out of 5 other sites. Our battery condition issue is due to the cart maintenance guy not watching the auto fills and flooding the batteries, so Fairtax4me's comment about the battery condition possibly being down to an incorrect charge profile is answered.

Back to the nine carts, we have 30 here, and over 150 over five sites. It is actually a lot more from our site fleet that has been affected by flooded batteries, over the last year i have been removing batteries and checking them all and removing every faulty flooded battery and then making up packs of 6 out of the remainder by matching them on voltage and SG as advised in the past by our dealership. Then balancing the packs and replacing them into the carts. Then purchacing new batteries to replace the discarded ones. All the batteries are PD+ so no mismatch on brand or type. We have reached the stage where after 3.5 years of constant use and abuse, the carts are slowly diminishing in range and i have been asked to get as many going properly as possible within a certain budget. That budget was £10,000. the reason for this is that we see no point in introdicing a new fleet until the new season plus as we own the carts, not lease them, it will give us a better trade in value in the spring.

I have all the answers i need now and i will put the proposal forward to the company and see what they say. I will of course now armed with all the information, reprofile the chargers to give the batteries the best chance of survival, but will suggest that the batteries now be serviced by someone else. I know the auto fills from the PD+ batteries will not fit the Trojans, and i see this as a bonus as then the filling can be done manually on a weekly rota! say 5 a week over six weeks and finally get shot of the auto fills LOL. Hopefully the new fleet will be Lithium as i have recommended and that problem will also go away.

Again, many thanks for all the info.

EDIT.

Just had a thought regarding the charger profiles. Our staff that return the carts to the chargers will be an issue! there is no system set up for the placement of chargers to carts, so i see issues here. If i reprofile enough chargers to suit the Trojans, then the others that are not reprofiled will stay for the carts with PD+ batteries. This in theory is fine BUT, you have to see how our staff put the carts away. Our company management is not hard enough on the staff and i can guarantee that the carts will not be put away on the correct chargers. So, Maybe leaving things as they are will be best and just move the carts on in the spring.

As some of you know, these are not my responsibility, i just try to advise and help where i can, but my role here is Groundcare machinery technician, i am not paid to worry about the carts. Sounds bad when i say it like this, but you guys need to be here to see the way things are done within this company.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:14 AM   #16
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Sounds like you are on top of what you have to do. Good luck!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:23 AM   #17
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Sounds like you are on top of what you have to do. Good luck!
I concur.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:13 AM   #18
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Just had a thought regarding the charger profiles. Our staff that return the carts to the chargers will be an issue! there is no system set up for the placement of chargers to carts, so i see issues here. If i reprofile enough chargers to suit the Trojans, then the others that are not reprofiled will stay for the carts with PD+ batteries. This in theory is fine BUT, you have to see how our staff put the carts away.

...but you guys need to be here to see the way things are done within this company.
Sounds like where I work! They'll drive them until the wheels fall off and wonder why it broke.
I only have to deal with that for 4 months out of the year though. Once the summer staff are gone the majority of carts go back in the shed and the ones that still get used, are generally used by more competent full time staff.

I agree that its probably best NOT to change the charge profiles if you only have a few carts that will have new batteries and no way to make sure those carts get plugged into the updated chargers. It's not ideal for the new batteries, but neither is overcharging the old ones.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:15 PM   #19
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The Trojans are a MUCH better battery than the PD+ OEM batteries. Like Sergio said, they're made by Johnson Controls and labeled with Club Car's sticker. Interstate batteries are the same way. An Interstate 8V battery is the exact same battery as those PD+ batteries except it's green instead of black.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:46 PM   #20
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Super information. So the decision now has been made. I had a quote yesterday from a reliable supplier at £105 per Trojan battery + tax including shipping and have initiated the purchase. So, I will replace the whole pack in 12 carts, test all the batteries being removed to see how many good packs I can make up to replace in some of the less tired carts. Leave the chargers as they are and hopefully see out the rest of this season. Many thanks to all who responded.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car