lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2019, 04:13 PM   #21
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: 1982 ds fnr

Thanks for the diagram. Much better.

After checking the wires, there are 2 small yellow wires coming from the box that I assume houses the micro switches. One going to the micro switch on the FNR, the other an eyelet going to nothing. Diagram shows it going to pack positive via cable on FNR.

I know this needs to be hooked up. But, surely this would not cause this or could it?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2019, 04:22 PM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It looks like someone has been re-wiring that cart.

That old model has a "negative" key switch that feeds the micro-switch on the FNR and then it goes to one side of all of the Solenoids.

There is also a wire from the FNR pack positive terminal that goes to the speed-box and connects to all of the micro-switches in there.

As you press the pedal each micro-switch sends the positive signal to its respective solenoid.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 04:38 PM   #23
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Stuck solenoid. Don't know which one. Tapped them all. Cart now runs only with key switch on and by go pedal. No reverse.

Gotta figure that out.

Thanks Sergio!
Old 04-24-2019, 05:13 PM   #24
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Bad reverse cable at FNR. Replaced end all is good now.

Sergio, thanks for your guidance. As always you know about all of these things.

Thank you!
Old 04-25-2019, 11:42 AM   #25
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am glad you got it going, but before I forget, since You have an FNR designed for Controller carts with the deep FNR cam that supports multiple micro-switches, You can take advantage of that in case the cart is now too fast in Reverse.
Mount a new N.C. micro-switch like a 3 terminal micro-switch next to the existing FNR anti-arc micro switch.

Disconnect the negative wire that is linking all Solenoids small posts from the High Speed Solenoid (first on the passenger side).

Run a new wire from that High Speed Solenoid post to the new micro-switch Normally Closed terminal.

Connect the new micro-switch COM terminal to the existing wire that goes from the anti-arc micro switch to all other Solenoid small posts.
That way when the FNR is on Reverse, the new micro-switch will not allow the high Speed Solenoid to engage.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 02:28 PM   #26
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

That is a very clever idea. That solenoid can't engage while in reverse. I actually like that better than the cable tied into only half of the batteries. I see this as a potential problem for those who for whatever reason must back up a lot, causing an uneven draw on the pack.

I'm surprised Club Car didn't do something like this to begin with, even if it was more than one solenoid. I have a newer, 1997 resistor cart with a V-glide that must regulate reverse speed by another cable.

I'm going to leave it the way it is for now, and I now know what to do with one of these should it be a problem in the future. This should be something for people to take note of because there are still a lot of these carts around and the original FNR switch is obsolete making this a great (and perhaps only) way to slow the cart in reverse.

Thanks again Sergio for the great information!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car