lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2019, 11:25 AM   #1
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Replacing speed sensor and magnet

My neighbor has a late model Precedent. Not sure on the year because the glovebox has been removed and a custom dash installed so I could not find the tag. My guess is 2010-15. It says Club Car IR on the body and has a rocker switch for forward and reverse. His cart went into limp mode. I checked the batteries and they were good. Pushing the cart got no buzzer so I replaced the speed sensor and magnet. It fixed the problem. Since I have never driven the cart before when it was working I'm not sure how fast it went. My buddy said 27 because he clocked it on a radar in our neighborhood. It felt like 14 when I drove it after the repair. My DS IQ goes 14 so seemed similar. I'm wondering if the old magnet was a high speed magnet? Not sure if there is such a thing but I see online they sell them. I still have the old magnet but have not tried to use it. Could the new magnet not be same speed capability?
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2019, 11:35 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Replacing speed sensor and magnet

If the Precedent serial number starts with PQ then it will work with a Speed Magnet and it may have been what you had before.

If the Precedent serial number starts with PH then it does not work with a speed magnet.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 11:41 AM   #3
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
If the Precedent serial number starts with PQ then it will work with a Speed Magnet and it may have been what you had before.

If the Precedent serial number starts with PH then it does not work with a speed magnet.
Thanks. I'll hang on to the old magnet and see If I can locate the tag/serial number. I didn't want to take his dash apart just yet to find the serial number.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:55 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Precedent may be older than you think as the SN has been on the passenger side panel and not in the dash since I think 2008.5 when the controller and electronics got moved behind the batteries (instead of in the middle of the batteries).

There is also a second SN location by the brake equalizer adjustment under the floor mat:
Old 04-24-2019, 12:47 PM   #5
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
The Precedent may be older than you think as the SN has been on the passenger side panel and not in the dash since I think 2008.5 when the controller and electronics got moved behind the batteries (instead of in the middle of the batteries).

There is also a second SN location by the brake equalizer adjustment under the floor mat:
Great I'll look under the cart. Where would it be located on the side panel?
Old 04-24-2019, 02:49 PM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Precedent main serial number after 2008 is located here:
Old 04-24-2019, 08:39 PM   #7
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
The Precedent main serial number after 2008 is located here:
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car