lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2020, 11:41 AM   #11
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question Re: 04 48 v hunting cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter450 View Post
That MOT-A4 and controller will have no problem turning larger tires as long as the battery pack is up to it. The CC DS/IQ is a great cart to turn into an off road hunting machine. Be interested to hear if you experience a whine noise coming from the A4 under acceleration? That is my only complaint is that noise. Hope the attached pics gives your buddy some ideas.

Good Job so far!
Did you bypass the OBC are hook it all up again. I'm putting the cables back and have everything figured out but B-.
The ground to the batteries I know go to the B- it's the smaller black cable going to a stand off then into the wiring harness that I don't know what it's for.
They where both on the stock controller on B-.
The alltrax schematic doesn't even address it at all.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2020, 07:31 AM   #12
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 04 48 v hunting cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
Is that roof rack something you made are did you buy it sir. I'd be interested in having one to install for him as a surprise.
The rack I purchased and is made by Big Sky Racks in Montana. It is designed to be mounted overhead in a vehicle like law enforcement uses. I just had to cut and attach the cross bars to the front and rear roof supports for the gun rack to attach to. Cross bars are not included in the gun rack kit. Best things are you don't see it unless you look up under the roof and it protects the guns in fowl weather, holds the guns secure and doesn't take up floor space.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:22 PM   #13
Nutshell
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
That MOT-A4 and controller will have no problem turning larger tires as long as the battery pack is up to it. The CC DS/IQ is a great cart to turn into an off road hunting machine. Be interested to hear if you experience a whine noise coming from the A4 under acceleration? That is my only complaint is that noise. Hope the attached pics gives your buddy some ideas.

Good Job so far!
Is that a Line X coating on the top? Maybe it's just the light but it looks sweet.
Nutshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:13 PM   #14
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutshell View Post
Is that a Line X coating on the top? Maybe it's just the light but it looks sweet.
Yes, it is Line X and so far is holding up great to trail brush. Thanks!
Old 05-26-2020, 08:03 PM   #15
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: 04 48 v hunting cart

Quote:
The rack I purchased and is made by Big Sky Racks in Montana. It is designed to be mounted overhead in a vehicle like law enforcement uses. I just had to cut and attach the cross bars to the front and rear roof supports for the gun rack to attach to. Cross bars are not included in the gun rack kit. Best things are you don't see it unless you look up under the roof and it protects the guns in fowl weather, holds the guns secure and doesn't take up floor space.
Thanks for the info. I may have to see about getting him one. Do you have the part number are name of it?
Old 05-27-2020, 06:39 AM   #16
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
Thanks for the info. I may have to see about getting him one. Do you have the part number are name of it?
The model I bought is the SBR-2G. Their website is: bigskyracks.com
You can purchase from them or through retailers. I think Cabelas carries a model or 2.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:07 AM   #17
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

There should be one 10awg wire from that terminal block that needs to attach to the B- terminal of the controller.

If you are still going to use the powerdrive charger the OBC still needs to work.
If the charger is getting upgraded then you can remove the OBC and do the bypass.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 04:32 PM   #18
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
There should be one 10awg wire from that terminal block that needs to attach to the B- terminal of the controller.

If you are still going to use the powerdrive charger the OBC still needs to work.
If the charger is getting upgraded then you can remove the OBC and do the bypass.

Yes,
The OBC charger is being used for now. He didn't want to buy another charger until it stops working!
I have that cable swapped just waiting on the new #2 cables to show up for the batteries and controller.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:39 PM   #19
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Talking Re: 04 48 v hunting cart

I got the new cables today and installed them. Right now I have left the one in the OBC alone. I replaced all the others. I'm gonna see how it performs with it like it is. This thing is a monster! 25 MPH with 22" tires and has all the torque you could ever ask for.

This thing has no problem with torque!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVLnMjnxVZs

Old 05-29-2020, 10:42 PM   #20
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Back seat kit installed and it's ready to head back to Va now!It has Rhett's approval to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Finished2.jpg (102.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Finished.jpg (117.0 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car