lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2020, 03:03 PM   #1
jeff.peters
Not Yet Wild

Question Fuse between solenoid + and KS blows

What would cause the blade fuse between large solenoid + post to key switch to blow? I replaced a 15A fuse that burned out with a 20A (it's all I had on hand) and that one blew too.

In process of upgrading '97CC DS w/ new 500A SW-180-93 solenoid, Alltrax SR 48500, D&D 4:2A motor, on-board Lester Summit II, using previously installed HDF/R w/ 1 microswitch, and v-glide. OBC removed, charging receptacle removed. Pretty bare bones - no lights, reverse buzzer, run/tow, voltage reducer or accessories. Checked continuity throughout and it works the way I think it's meant to (foot switch works, anti-arc works...) using the Alltrax SR to CC DS wiring diagram.
jeff.peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2020, 09:20 PM   #2
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Fuse between solenoid + and KS blows

If it's a standard automotive blade fuse I believe they are only rated for 32v. The voltage going thru the key switch is full pack voltage, is your cart 36v or 48v?
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 09:49 PM   #3
jeff.peters
Not Yet Wild

it's 48v...I didn't know the automotive blade fuses were only rated 32v...I'm sure that the one I used was one I bought from an automotive store years ago.....when I find one that's rated for 48+v, how many amps would the fuse need to be in that location in the KS circuit?
Old 04-12-2020, 09:41 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It sounds like the diode on the Solenoid is backwards or shorted.

Make sure the diode side with the stripe is connected to the positive activation wire.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 10:43 AM   #5
jeff.peters
Not Yet Wild

Sorry - I started another thread when I realized my problem may be bigger than this question. So I'm abandoning this thread and sticking with the other one.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car