lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2020, 02:25 PM   #11
jeff.peters
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 97 CC DS Upgrade - Confusion about Control Circuit

You are right - the pedal micro-switch doesn't work. voltage on the switched side of the key switch is 50+v but get nothing coming out on the green wire when I depress the pedal. Unhooked the batteries and checked continuity and there is none across that microswitch when the pedal is depressed. There is continuity across the microswitch in the F/R when I'm in either F or R. So I need a new key switch, new fuse and holder and a new microswitch in the V-glide. Anything else I should check? Or do I have to install those things before I can continue sorting the problem? Does the wiring in the diagram and pictures look like it should work?
jeff.peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2020, 02:51 PM   #12
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think your wiring diagram is good but it’s interesting that you had no continuity across key switch or micro switch and were blowing fuses. Something doesn’t add up or they got damaged by your original short.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 08:08 PM   #13
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

There’s a diode on the spade pins on the solenoid. (Soldered on black wire) Pretty sure your ksi and b- wires on the solenoid are reversed. The upper spade should usually be the + side. Lower should be -.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 11:54 AM   #14
jeff.peters
Not Yet Wild

If you are looking at the pictures I posted, the diode for the spade pins on the solenoid is disconnected and laying there...my understanding of the activation/control posts on the solenoid is that you can put + on either pin, it's the direction of the diode that matters...+ of diode to + of the activation circuit.
Old 04-13-2020, 12:07 PM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Some solenoids have a physical diode soldered to the terminals already, if you have it is in plain sight.

Just a quick correction, the diode side with the stripe (which is the negative) goes towards the positive activation wire of the solenoid. The diode is installed in reverse bias when used as flybak so it does not conduct when the Solenoid is activated.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 12:17 PM   #16
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff.peters View Post
If you are looking at the pictures I posted, the diode for the spade pins on the solenoid is disconnected and laying there...my understanding of the activation/control posts on the solenoid is that you can put + on either pin, it's the direction of the diode that matters...+ of diode to + of the activation circuit.
I'm looking at the one that's built in that's soldered onto the two terminals on the right side.
You can remove that one (cut or de-solder it) and use the large on you have in the pics if you prefer, but the soldered on diode is probably what's causing your fuse and switches to arc because your wires are reversed polarity for that diode.

Your key switch and anti-arc switch both fried, it's also possible the switch in the throttle fried as well.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 03:00 PM   #17
jeff.peters
Not Yet Wild

Here's another picture of the solenoid w/ some notes about what you are looking at. I'm confused as there is no soldered in diode.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg solenoid w: notes.jpg (113.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-13-2020, 03:11 PM   #18
jeff.peters
Not Yet Wild

Sergio - I was using the attached to base my understanding on the diode for the solenoid. It seems opposite to your note. I know you are tons more authoritative than this note of unknown origin, but it's confusing to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg solenoid instructions.jpg (130.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-13-2020, 03:32 PM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That was an application specific note, not the polarity of the diode, even if it may imply otherwise.

When used on a Solenoid coil as a voltage suppression device, the diode side with the band goes toward the positive wire (that part is consistent in both of our descriptions).

I cannot see a diode already attached to the Solenoid in your picture, Fairtax4me must be looking at the solder blobs where the coil wires are soldered to the terminals, if You don't see a diode soldered behind those terminals then you don't have one pre-built.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 03:52 PM   #20
jeff.peters
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the clarification Sergio...you guys make it look so easy! I asked a question a couple of posts above...wondered if you have some wisdom...

So I need a new key switch, new fuse and holder and a new microswitch in the V-glide. Anything else I should check? Or do I have to install those things before I can continue sorting the problem? Does the wiring in the diagram and pictures look like it should work?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car