lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2020, 08:42 AM   #1
TBH015
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Speed Issues - Mcor or Speed Sensor Or Something else?

Hello all - New to the forum. I just purchased my first Golf cart. Used 2008 Club Car Precedent. It has 4 New 12V Batteries that I put in myself and has what I believe is a RHOX lift and Rims with 22" Tires on it. The cart needs a little clean up which I am looking forward to.

After installing the batteries the cart took off. Though I noticed that take off was fast It is settling around 10-12 MPH on flat ground. Yesterday, I slowed at the end of my driveway to take a bump and then it quit working. Forward, reverse, none of it worked. I turned the key on and off and applied break and then eventually it started moving again after a few seconds.

I have done a ton of reading on MCORs and Speed sensors but it seems to have symptoms of both. I did the speed sensor test (although the beeping is disabled) it did roll once or twice and then it would lock up sometimes as well after alot of back and fourth pushing.

Anyways, any input would be great. I just feel like I should be getting more than 10-12 Mph and about 7-8 up a slight incline.

Thanks Guys.
TBH015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2020, 11:14 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Speed Issues - Mcor or Speed Sensor Or Something else?

The speed code could be set to a SP3. It sounds like the speed sensor is working, but that does not mean it is not intermittent or a cracked magnet.

But none of that would prevent the cart from moving. If it does it again, listen to see if you hear the solenoid clicking when you depress the pedal. Could be the microswitch in the MCOR.

And are you GPS'ing your speed for accuracy?
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 11:22 AM   #3
TBH015
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
The speed code could be set to a SP3. It sounds like the speed sensor is working, but that does not mean it is not intermittent or a cracked magnet.

But none of that would prevent the cart from moving. If it does it again, listen to see if you hear the solenoid clicking when you depress the pedal. Could be the microswitch in the MCOR.

And are you GPS'ing your speed for accuracy?
Thanks for the info. I do remember hearing the solenoid clicking. Yes, I was using the Waze app that tells you speed. I am assuming it is accurate. How do I get the speed code changed? Is that something a dealer has to do? I ordered a new speed sensor and figured it wouldn't hurt to put a new one in either way. When I get time to work on it this weekend I will disconnect it and see if it does the same thing or is worse before installing the new one.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:29 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

If you disconnect it, that will place you in Limp mode and you will definitely be a 50%.

Speed codes are changed with a Hand Held CC or Curtis Programmer. SP1-3 are labeled in your cart and the will not cost you any extra, but SP4 (Private Speed Code) will normally cost about ~$100 as the dealer will have to pay CC for the code. They are all lock to your specific controller serial number. You can also put a high speed magnet in the cart for more speed, but you lose all your regen braking. I always avoided that as I like the regen capabilities.

When you pull the sensor, check the magnet behind it.

If you are still have the problem after your checks, replacements, we can do a pulse test on the speed sensor to the controller and see if there is an issue. You will also need to check the MCOR to ensure it is reaching 100%
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 11:35 AM   #5
TBH015
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
If you disconnect it, that will place you in Limp mode and you will definitely be a 50%.

Speed codes are changed with a Hand Held CC or Curtis Programmer. SP1-3 are labeled in your cart and the will not cost you any extra, but SP4 (Private Speed Code) will normally cost about ~$100 as the dealer will have to pay CC for the code. They are all lock to your specific controller serial number. You can also put a high speed magnet in the cart for more speed, but you lose all your regen braking. I always avoided that as I like the regen capabilities.

When you pull the sensor, check the magnet behind it.

If you are still have the problem after your checks, replacements, we can do a pulse test on the speed sensor to the controller and see if there is an issue. You will also need to check the MCOR to ensure it is reaching 100%
Man thank you so much for the help. I will report back after testing.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car