lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2020, 04:55 PM   #1
Countryboyco99
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 09 Precedent upgrades

I have a 2009 CC Precedent with working OBC and serial number starting with PH, that I have been shopping for upgrades. So far I plan on starting with upgrading the wires to 2 ga then solenoid and controller or possibly a all in one bundle. I have been looking at the Alltrax 400 or 500 amp controller but i'm wondering if it is a simple swap wire for wire and go or do I have to modify anything. I don't plan on upgrading the stock motor for now but possible in the future if needed. I am looking for a little more speed and more torque.
Countryboyco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2020, 05:51 PM   #2
LT4Ryan
Getting Wild

Default Re: 09 Precedent upgrades

Use Revolution Golf Carts, they're a site sponsor and David (TahoeDawgZ71) is a great guy - at some point I am going to buy the stage 2 precedent package from him - https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/u...ages-precedent
LT4Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 08:31 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Yup, what he said....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 08:46 PM   #4
Countryboyco99
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

But is it wire for wire swap or do I have to modify anything? I have been reading about having to swap excel harness for a IQ harness. Do you still have to do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Countryboyco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 10:11 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

No. The Alltrax XCT line works with all the CC IQ/Excel carts and even Regen 2's. (Harness change would only be required if swapping between the IQ and Excel Curtis controllers.)

The XCT-300 is a bolt on. You just replace the two (2) push-on spades for F1/F2 with 5/16" eyelits and add in the supplied Regen diode and fuse. Same solenoid, cables, etc. If you go up to a 400a or 500a controller, you will have to upgrade the other items.

If you call David at Revolution, he will explain everything.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 01:24 PM   #6
scat pack cart
Not Yet Wild

I upgraded my 2011 precedent Alltrax 500, solenoid, wires, motor and f/r from Revolution. It was a torque package deal. Great service! Wouldn't exactly be wire/wire. But close. Had to turn the controller to fit, drill and put spacer (nuts) under. Drilled another hole for solenoid. You might have to drill out connector cables to fit over larger lugs on solenoid. 2 diodes to put on solenoid. If you watch what wires you take off and label or mark, it's not that bad. Instructions are pretty good. You have lots of support on the forum and schematics to help. Go for it.
scat pack cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 02:18 PM   #7
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

The 2009 Precedent used a throttle position sensor instead of an mcor..It didn't work well so they were all supposed to be changed back to an mcor under warranty...Make sure yours does before you start any upgrades...
If you don't have an mcor give Dave at Revolution a call...He sells the conversion kits...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car