lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2021, 08:27 PM   #1
gatorson
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Update: Stolen Golf cart found

Update to my stolen 96' 48 club car DS - fortunately it was recovered, however the ***hole that stole it haphazardly spray painted the body and lift kit silver and glitterized it . I think the best recourse is to purchase a new body/cowl from DoubleTake. I'm more pissed about the guy spraying my brand new allsports supersport lift kit since those things are powder coated and now i have cheap spray paint everywhere, as well as overspray. Can anyone suggest the best method to either respray the lift kit? I need to replace the lights with the new body anyways - but can I reuse the existing wire harness with the basic spartan lights, blinkers and all? My cart was already street legal but I don't know if the basic spartans will support front and rear blinkers as well as brakes lights? Is the only difference between basic and deluxe the wire harness? Or do I need to purchase the deluxe? Anyone have the wiring diagram for them?

Check out the jerk's paint job in all its glory.

Before:

After:

gatorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2021, 08:37 PM   #2
texasflyer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Update: Stolen Golf cart found

Wow. That sucks. I’m pissed off for you. Was the thief identified? He should be held responsible for the cost of a new body, seats, lift, etc.
texasflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:50 PM   #3
limaynard
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

The world is full of wankers. How did they steal it, back of a truck or drove it away?

I always immobilise mine from my Navitas Controller app but was wondering if I need more.
limaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:51 PM   #4
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

That sucks about the body but I'm glad you recovered your cart. Hopefully they caught the thief too!

For removing the spray paint from the left kit, try 91% isopropyl alcohol. That should work like a charm.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:03 PM   #5
rib33024

How did they get the wheel lock off the cart?

That sucks about the paint
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:08 PM   #6
gatorson
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by limaynard View Post
The world is full of wankers. How did they steal it, back of a truck or drove it away?

I always immobilise mine from my Navitas Controller app but was wondering if I need more.
They stole it in a trailer. I'm going to start running chains thru the tires and frame. Also, thinking about putting gps into it.
Old 03-04-2021, 09:10 PM   #7
gatorson
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
How did they get the wheel lock off the cart?

That sucks about the paint
They got the wheel lock off by deflating the tire and man handling it enough to wiggle off. The one rim has some damage.
Old 03-04-2021, 10:02 PM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Get 2 cans of Kleen Strip aerosol furniture stripper. You can get it at Walmart or tractor supply. Get that brand not the citrus strip or other stuff. The kleen strip brand works the best. Spray the stuff on, wait 10 minutes and blast it off with a pressure washer. The spray paint will come off super super easily. I can usually strip all the spray paint off a cart in around 30 minutes like that and it doesn’t damage the plastic under it.

This will probably also strip any nice paint you had underneath it. But a little work and you’ll be able to repaint it and have it look a good as new again. But if your body was blue pigmented plastic it may just come off easily and not mess it up. Never know until you try. But worst case you can still repaint it nicely again.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 10:04 PM   #9
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorson View Post
They got the wheel lock off by deflating the tire and man handling it enough to wiggle off. The one rim has some damage.
Old 03-04-2021, 10:08 PM   #10
rib33024

CRC BRAKLEEN Brake Parts Cleaner and a rag might take it off easy.
I though I was spraying clear over a nice paint job. BUT I wasn't it was flat black. The CRC BRAKLEEN Brake Parts Cleaner took it off and it looked like new. Spray it on the rag
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car