lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2021, 01:34 PM   #1
PorkChopsMmm
Not Yet Wild

Default 2005 Precedent -- No bucket harness?

Hey everyone, I have a 2005 Precedent I bought bone stock from a golf course a few years ago and have been fixing up. I have the cart apart to install an ultimate light kit and I was surprised to find that my cart doesn't have the "bucket harness", or so I think. There is no wiring going to the locations for the rear tail lights and no extra 12 prong plug behind the dash to use. I now have that on order from Amazon but I thought this bucket harness was stock prior to 2008. Is this common to not have? Thanks!
PorkChopsMmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2021, 05:14 PM   #2
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2005 Precedent -- No bucket harness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopsMmm View Post
Hey everyone, I have a 2005 Precedent I bought bone stock from a golf course a few years ago and have been fixing up. I have the cart apart to install an ultimate light kit and I was surprised to find that my cart doesn't have the "bucket harness", or so I think. There is no wiring going to the locations for the rear tail lights and no extra 12 prong plug behind the dash to use. I now have that on order from Amazon but I thought this bucket harness was stock prior to 2008. Is this common to not have? Thanks!
Strange. Never seen one without it. Does your serial number start PQ05? 4-12 batteries? Only the CC wizard could tell for sure, David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars. Maybe he will see this and pipe in.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 12:37 PM   #3
PorkChopsMmm
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2005 Precedent -- No bucket harness?

So ironically the second character of the serial number has a scratch on the sticker so it's hard to determine what it is, but I believe it is a Q. So the serial starts P(Q)05... I bought it with 6 8V batteries and it doesn't look like a conversion was ever done to it from 4 12's.

I recently did an OBC bypass using the Lester Electrical kit for IQ carts and it worked just fine. This was to prep the card for Allied lithium batteries, which now work.

Everything I have seen makes me think the cart is an oddity. Who knows. The bucket harness wasn't too expensive but it does make me question what I thought I knew about these carts.
PorkChopsMmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car