lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2021, 06:37 PM   #1
Qman97
Getting Wild

Default Precedent issue

Hey all!

I have a 2009 precedent with a lift kit and 22’s. I have the Alltrax controller with the big solenoid a D&D motor 2g wires and batteries that are well maintained and 2 yrs old

So the cart started acting funny this weekend. One time we were riding and I gave it some GO and it dropped out in power and the digital meter dipped to 45-46. I stopped immediately and the meter went to 49+ checked all wires and such and everything was good. I got back on and tried it again and it took off like normal fast as hell with the meter at 48+ the whole way

Another time we had ridden about 2 miles at about 5-10 mph without any issues so we reached the pavement and I stepped into it. We went fast about 100 feet before it felt like it ‘stalled’ so I immediately took my foot off the pedal and I could feel the regen kick in like a jake brake on a semi.

We road home without any other issues and the meter steady at 48 under load. Every once in a while it feels like it’s bucking?? Almost like cutting in and cutting out at the motor.

I didn’t have my computer to run diagnostics on the Alltrax controller but I see no error lights, I get the 5 blinks (code club car) and solid steady green

Motor issue? Not sure of the age of the motor but everything else in the cart is about 2 yrs old

John
Qman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2021, 08:56 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent issue

You don't need to worry about your batteries unless they go below 40v. My cart used to cut in and out until I went with the absolute throttle. Or it could be the MCOR.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 10:17 PM   #3
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qman97 View Post
.... Every once in a while it feels like it’s bucking?? Almost like cutting in and cutting out at the motor. ....
Agree with WalterM6, checkout if your MCOR is working smoothly.
Ours has been surging at a specific Foot Pedal position, but infrequently.
The variable resistance pot should change resistance smoothly.
I'm going to try spraying some electrical contact cleaner into the case onto the pot wiper per another thread and see if it helps.
When yours is bucking can you hear the solenoid unlatching/relatching?
The other switch in the MCOR for Foot Pedal depressed could be flaky causing the controller to unlatch/relatch the solenoid, but you should be able to hear that.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 04:02 AM   #4
Qman97
Getting Wild

Thank for the reply’s!

I have replaced that MCOR, but will take a look there

No latching/unlatching when it’s bucking. I don’t think I am describing it right. It’s not a bucking or surging it’s more like if you have your foot steady on pedal and cruising at 10mph and it momentarily feels like it loses all power. It happens so random I don’t have time to notice any drop on battery meter.

All wires/connections are tight and cold to the touch motor was hot but we ran it around for a mile or 2
Qman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car