lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2021, 08:28 PM   #1
lewisananda
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2015 club car battery charging issue

I have a 2015 club car precedent 48 volt with 8 volt Trojan T875 batteries which are not fully charging (only to about 8.5 volts. My original ERIC charger that came with the cart burned out so I got the DeltaQ IC 650 programable charger. It is set to algorythm .003 program for the T875 batteries. After these charging issues I was told this charger will not charge my batteries properly with my club car because the computer chip in the cart is not compatible with this charger. Has anyone had any issues in this situation and a possible fix? Many thanks.
lewisananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2021, 08:33 PM   #2
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2015 club car battery charging issue

The new charger is most likely not able to work with the OBC if your 2015 has one. If it has one, see the sticky link below to bypass the OBC and your charger will probably work.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...ght=bypass+OBC
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:26 PM   #3
lewisananda
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the reply. The link looks a little complicated to understand without photos. Is there a OBC I can buy and install in my club car that will work with my deltaq charger?
Old 08-03-2021, 10:08 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The ERIC charge Is an IC 650.
The non Club Car version IC 650 just has a screen on it and a button to do some programming features.
Otherwise there is no difference and it will charge your batteries exactly the same as the ERIC did.
The thing you may be missing is the interlock function which is interfaces with the 3rd wire in the charge plug. If that is not connected properly at the charger end the interlock will not function. But there is no detriment to the cart or the charger regardless.
That’s easy to check if you look through the documentation provided by Delta-Q. There are 4 or 5 terminals under the cover where the DC charge cord goes into the charger. Make sure the wires are connected properly to the terminals.
Two of them are charge + and -, one is for interlock, and another is for a temperature sensor which you do not need to use.

There is NO OBC on your cart, and you do not need one.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 06:06 PM   #5
lewisananda
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hello. Thanks for the advice. The golf cart company where I bought my cart said only the ERIC charger will work on my but that doesn't make much sense. The DeltaQic650 will charge my batteries up to 8.3 to 8.6 (48 volt system). I'm going to do an experiment I have a friend with the ERIC charger. I'll charge my cart with the IC650 and measure the voltage then drive a bit then charge with the ERIC charger and note the difference in charged voltage.
Lewis
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car