lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2021, 12:50 PM   #11
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 90 CC resister cables burning up.

Yea man you got a juiced up motor there. Stock for that cart would have been in the 2.5-3.5hp range. Google that part number and it will pop up and every site will tell you it should be run with a controller set up. The loose connections will surely be bad but with that motor you should really consider a controller upgrade to be safe or you will be chasing your tail as UncleJerm said.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2021, 01:27 PM   #12
TrevorB
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

By controller upgrade do you mean solid state conversion?

Or could I get by with high speed vglide bypass?

I have an email to ScottyB about it.
TrevorB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 07:02 PM   #13
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yea solid state conversion, that’s truly the only way to run that motor safely with confidence.

I did the bypass before conversion you just have to remember it only bypasses vglide at full throttle any thing less and your running high amps through resistors and vglide.
Old 08-18-2021, 09:02 AM   #14
TrevorB
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Cool. What solenoid did you use? And I’m guessing 4g wire to the large terminals?
Old 08-19-2021, 12:40 PM   #15
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I’m pretty sure I used a 200A solenoid. I believe it was a White Rodgers brand which is good. There are a ton of solenoids out there but in my opinion it’s not a part to cheap out on. Make sure what ever you get is continuous duty as well.
Old 08-23-2021, 12:38 PM   #16
TrevorB
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Ive decided to go solid state and skip the bypass. Scotty’s kits are just too expensive and I really want to keep my stock pedal.
With this motor:
1) do I need a resister on the solenoid?
2) do I need a 400amp fuse on the negative side of the battery?

I can’t tell from his kit description. I’ve decided to get a pb6 pot box and alltrax sr48400.
Old 08-23-2021, 01:25 PM   #17
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes you will need to get both the resistor and fuse. You will also need the correct diode for the controller. I can’t remember what it is but it is in the install instructions for the controller, I’m sure who ever you buy from can supply as well as resistor. I found fuse block on Amazon for pretty cheap. The 36V F&R switch should be fine but you will need to wire it for full battery power reverse (search on here to wire it up right), you will need a larger than stock solenoid, I have the SR48500 and it wanted a 400A solenoid, not sure what the SR48400 requires. A tip if you ever replace the F&R buy the three micro switch one for newer carts to control reverse buzzer or get the fancy contractor setup.
Old 08-23-2021, 04:08 PM   #18
81clubcar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hey Trevor,

I think you are in a similar boat then I was, but instead of a heat problem I am switching over to Lithium... regardless the set up should be similar. I did a ton of reading because mine is an 81 CC and wanted to keep as much original as possible from the outside, especially the old school pedals. I talked to Scotty and Dave at Revolution ( both sponsors) and Dave had the best hookup for what I wanted, and pretty much what you would pay if you pieced it off Amazon I may add, but in the convenience of all in one package with the right pieces and wiring diagrams.

PB6 let’s you keep your pedals with minimal modifications just to mount it, and an alltraxx controller so you can bypass the toaster coils. You could probably adjust the output from the controller to whatever you want as well if speed isn’t an up issue and keep your wires as they are.

I kept my super old school F/R switch and had to jumper the 4/5 posts, my batt comes in tomorrow so I hope I don’t smoke the tires in revers since it full speed 😂. We will see...

I’ll attach a couple pictures just to you can see the PB6, and I used one of my original solenoids for the single (mine had 5, little different then yours... I was pre-Vglide)

Not sure where the Altraxx goes with a 6 batt setup, but I’m sure tons of people have it that way, with the LiFePO4 it only uses 2 batt spots so a bit more room to play in... good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6C524E9D-30F8-478B-A3E0-04988A93CD20.jpg (160.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 82ED2BFB-D904-4872-89E1-913741AD2077.jpg (166.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg C3B98882-DAFA-4736-A13A-DDD310EE3D50.jpg (196.6 KB, 0 views)
81clubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:57 PM   #19
TrevorB
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Wow. Awesome! Thank you both for your input. You have been amazingly helpful and I think I’ve got everything I need.
I did email David with revolution - thank you for that info!!
Lithium batteries would be amazing. I’m jealous.
81 - Are you sure the older solenoid can handle the ampage? The sr48400 controller requires a 200 amp solenoid.
The pictures are helpful.
Old 08-23-2021, 08:22 PM   #20
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

When your talking with David he can hook you up with the mounting plate that the newer club cars use and it wasn’t expensive. It’s basically a plate that sits between the batteries And the motor you can mount the controller too, some guys throw there solenoids there too.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car