lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2021, 06:20 PM   #1
GRBgolf11
Not Yet Wild

Default Accelerator wear

I have a 2008 Club Car DS with four 12 volt batteries. I cannot reach top speed on 19 mph. The cart also is slow on hills. I noticed today that I have to depress the pedal over halfway before the car moves. It appears that there is an issue with the accelerator pedal wear or need an adjustment. Has anyone else dealt with this and can share with me what they did to correct?
GRBgolf11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2021, 06:35 PM   #2
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Default Re: Accelerator wear

Usually ive found this issue in the MCOR. Its located on the passenger side frame of the cart.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 11:32 AM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Accelerator wear

Look where the drive rod for the MCOR meets the Go pedal, there's a couple rounded bars on either side of the pedal arm. Put a zip tie or a small piece of fuel line over the one towards the front and that will take up some of the slack between the pedal and the drive bar.
You could also have worn pivot bushings on the pedal brackets which are quite a bit more difficult to replace since the pedal pivot bar is usually rusted together. There is an update for the pedal pivot bar and MCOR drive bar design if you end up needing those parts. Talk to David at Revolution Golf Cars and he can get you the right parts to fix the worn pivot bushings. But most of the time the fuel line trick works pretty well.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car