lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2021, 12:54 PM   #1
81clubcar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Has anyone ever used these to isolate the batt?

I had a couple of these I was going to use to isolate the batt... I’ll be installing a EcoBatt 36v 72ah LiFePO4... they a rated for 200amps. I was just going to put them inline for each pole of the batt and on to the load locations...

I just don’t know if there will be a 200 amp current ever present in the 36v system, clearly it would suck if they trip while I’m out and about because they are unused sized 🤷*♂️ ... or for some reason they are the wrong type of course...

Side question: is that about what everyone’s solenoid looks like for a solid state? The main + wire is not on the rear large post yet because my batt hasn’t arrived... just double checking 👍🏻

Thanks Y’all
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BBAF5196-B475-4B82-96AF-100EF6E8D78A.jpg (185.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg B109DE73-DA1D-41E1-8B69-F64F92717D21.jpg (160.9 KB, 0 views)
81clubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2021, 01:42 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Has anyone ever used these to isolate the batt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81clubcar View Post
I had a couple of these I was going to use to isolate the batt... I’ll be installing a EcoBatt 36v 72ah LiFePO4... they a rated for 200amps. I was just going to put them inline for each pole of the batt and on to the load locations...

I just don’t know if there will be a 200 amp current ever present in the 36v system, clearly it would suck if they trip while I’m out and about because they are unused sized 🤷*♂️ ... or for some reason they are the wrong type of course...

Side question: is that about what everyone’s solenoid looks like for a solid state? The main + wire is not on the rear large post yet because my batt hasn’t arrived... just double checking 👍🏻

Thanks Y’all
Congratulations on the EB purchase!

The max operating amps on the 36 volt, 72 Ah pack is 72 amps. Those 200 amp protectors should never trip under normal operating conditions.

I am not sure about the amperage of that solenoid as I'm not familiar with 36 volt. It appears like maybe a 100 amp solenoid. If it is, it should handle the EB output. I have a 200 amp fuse on my 48 volt, 72 Ah EB and the max amperage is 150. You'll be able to watch the amp draw on the SOC gauge to determine what your max draw is under maximum acceleration or hill climbs.

I think you are good to go!

Tom
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 02:07 PM   #3
81clubcar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Awesome, thanks Tom.

That solenoid was one of the 5 resistor coil solenoids that were on the cart already, so I figure it should be alright unless the Life04 puts out a much higher peak amps? Always nice to get a second opinion before I get it all wired up and strand myself somewhere... 😂
Old 08-21-2021, 02:32 PM   #4
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81clubcar View Post
I get it all wired up and strand myself somewhere... 😂
You know, I've been there, done that!
Old 08-21-2021, 02:53 PM   #5
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just checked out Revolution about the solenoid used on resister carts. I can't seem to find any amp rating on them.

I'm assuming they are rated for 100 amps, but not sure. Call David Hicks @ Revolution. He may know the amp rating of these.

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...club-cars-8016

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ads/...1531684222.jpg
Old 08-21-2021, 04:04 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Not sure what that one is but a stock solenoid on a PDS cart is 85 amps so if you are higher than that you should be fine
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 11:04 AM   #7
81clubcar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

When I got the cart the #1 solenoid was crapped out on the coil set so I had it replaced, It should be a straight replacement from the original... and of course has not a single letter or digit on it anywhere... 😂

What are the symptoms if it is too small? Does it get hot and melt down... fail open... cease in the closed position?
Old 08-22-2021, 11:36 AM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If too small it will get hot but you should be okay.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car