lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2021, 08:47 PM   #1
bigbuddy82
Not Yet Wild

Default Haul Club Car in 6.5 Truck Bed

I just bought a Club Car which I am looking forward to doing a complete rebuild. I am looking into options to haul the cart in my 6.5' truck bed while towing a travel trailer. I need a new weight distribution shank and will buy one approximately 14" or a little longer to move my camper back a bit. After camping this week, I saw a few lifted carts, in 6.5' beds, with the rear or the cart lifted above the closed tailgate. I am assuming they were on wood or plastic blocks. I check all my trucks tow/load capacities and I am good to go. If you do this, how?
bigbuddy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2021, 08:18 AM   #2
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Haul Club Car in 6.5 Truck Bed

I take my tailgate off and use a wood spacer between the bumper and bed. That has worked great for me and I don’t have to get stressed about tailgate cables or cups breaking. I have some J bolts that catch a section of the bed that keeps everything in place.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 08:23 AM   #3
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Found a pic of it prior to hooking up pop up to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 8443E752-DF79-4B4E-854E-87F816562BD6.jpeg (30.8 KB, 0 views)
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 01:34 PM   #4
JSS
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Not sure how they are closing the tailgate by lifting the cart unless they are taking the wheels above the tailgate. Mine is a Club Car DS with a 6” lift and 23” tires. I can close the tailgate to about a 45 deg angle which gives me enough clearance without an extended hitch bar.

5F4635A1-D982-4446-A0C9-9364D1CCC8B1.jpg

755ACAC1-CCB9-491A-B38D-6B0B1FB64AA8.jpg
JSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 04:53 PM   #5
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

My setup is much like JSS above except my club car was stock height and had 20” tires. The carts rear tires sat in the bed so I didn’t have to worry about the tailgate and cables supporting the cart going down the road.

I made metal bars to hold the tailgate open somewhere around 45 degrees and and that gave me plenty of room to swing my camper with no issues.

As for a WDH, I used a BluOx SwayPro with the stock shank and didn’t need an extended one to make my setup work. Was really happy with the BluOx performance as well…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 06:19 PM   #6
bigbuddy82
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. Looking at the pics, I'm not sure how they closed the tailgate either. JSS where did you get the folding rear footrest? That would resolve much of the issue.
bigbuddy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 08:14 PM   #7
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

U can’t see in the pic but my cart had a rear seat and footstep too and they did not fold up. The top of the tailgate would be near the bottom of the footstep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 07:17 AM   #8
JSS
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuddy82 View Post
Thanks. Looking at the pics, I'm not sure how they closed the tailgate either. JSS where did you get the folding rear footrest? That would resolve much of the issue.
It's not a special folding setup. I had to remove 2 bolts on the bottom and then loosen 2 bolts and it flipped right up. Less than 5 mins but when I found out I didn't need it to clear the trailer I started leaving it down.

Maybe with stock tires they can put it on blocks and close the tailgate but I don't see anyway possible with a lifted cart and bigger tires.
JSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car