lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2022, 12:20 AM   #1
DJNMS3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Smile New here from Florida! (Suggestions welcome!)

Hey, everyone!

I’m located in Port Saint Lucie, FL and just picked up this 2019 Club Car Tempo Connect ERIC 2 Non-lifted 48V Electric Golf Cart (non-regen). It was previously used as a golf course car.

So far I have had the following mods done from stock. Not all are in the pics:

-Rear seat conversion
-Rear seat arm rests with cup holder
-Side view mirrors
-Battery meter
-Front/Rear LED headlight/tailight kit
-Seatbelt kit
-Amazon.com 10L0L Speed Magnet

Now, I know this forum has ALOT of info. But, I am new here and hoping someone can help me out with making this slowpoke a little quicker, who may or may not have this specific cart - not to mention, the pockets are a little tight due to some recent life changes. I’m at 16.4mph, up from 14.1mph with the speed magnet. Not much, but it’s something.

Here are a few of my initial questions if someone would be so kind to help out.

1)My serial # is BN1912-956328. I really can’t find any info. anywhere on if certain things will work with the BN serial # (Gaminde Speed Code 5 Programmer, etc.) Anywhere I look, my serial # is not listed on the list of carts that WILL work or WON’T work on certain mods. However, I was told that the Speed Code 5 Programmer won’t work on my cart, but I feel like it might. The reason being is because the speed magnet worked, type of motor I have (AMD with top hat speed sensor), and because I have a similar plug in port under the main console in the front, that was used in a YouTube video of someone doing the Speed Code 5 Programming.

I know I can send the motor in to get rebuilt, buy an upgraded motor, or do an AC conversion, but that is a little on the pricier side so I’m more so looking for simple mods. For instance, my serial # letters aren’t even listed on any other list I found:

2)What size tire, rim, lift combo would give me the best MPH increase on this specific cart? I do pretty much only street riding and some grass by the lake. Right now I have factory 205/50-10 Pro Tour Kenda tires on it. Tires are 17.5” tall, about 8” wide, and rims are about 11.25” tall. Any suggestions/links would help.

Pardon my ignorance and long intro post, but I am new to this and really appreciate anyone who can help. My dad just got a 2022 Club Car Onward and I want to see if I can keep up with some simple mods Lol

Cheers!
DJNMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2022, 07:43 AM   #2
Reddawg454
Grumpy Old Guy

Club Car

Default Re: New here from Florida! (Suggestions welcome!)

Welcome!
Reddawg454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 09:23 AM   #3
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Going to speed code 4 will get you from 3280rpm max up to 4340rpm. This will give you 18.8mph with your current tire setup.

Replacing the controller with an Alltrax can get you to 22+ on your stock motor. Contact David Hicks for anything you may need to upgrade that cart. He is a site sponsor and very helpful with these things.

http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 07:40 PM   #4
DJNMS3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post

Going to speed code 4 will get you from 3280rpm max up to 4340rpm. This will give you 18.8mph with your current tire setup.

Replacing the controller with an Alltrax can get you to 22+ on your stock motor. Contact David Hicks for anything you may need to upgrade that cart. He is a site sponsor and very helpful with these things.
Thank you! Do you think with speed code 4 -AND- the speed magnet, it will get me faster than 18.8mph?

Also, do you have David Hicks’ user name?
Old 01-12-2022, 09:04 PM   #5
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJNMS3 View Post
Thank you! Do you think with speed code 4 -AND- the speed magnet, it will get me faster than 18.8mph?

Also, do you have David Hicks’ user name?
TahoeDawgZ71

https://buggiesgonewild.com/member.php?u=23157
Old 01-12-2022, 09:20 PM   #6
DJNMS3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
TahoeDawgZ71
Appreciate it! I think I need a few more posts before I can send a PM. Lol
Old 01-12-2022, 10:38 PM   #7
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just keep posting to keep it on top. He will probably see it eventually. You can call him direct at 706-431-3917.
Old 01-18-2022, 10:00 PM   #8
DJNMS3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Just keep posting to keep it on top. He will probably see it eventually. You can call him direct at 706-431-3917.
Will do!

Hopefully he can chime in. I just had speed code 4 installed and here was the progress from stock…

14.1mph stock

16.4-17mph with speed magnet

19.4-20.5mph with speed code 4.

Guessing with speed code 4 I don’t need the speed magnet at all, right?
Old 01-18-2022, 10:08 PM   #9
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJNMS3 View Post
Will do!

Hopefully he can chime in. I just had speed code 4 installed and here was the progress from stock…

14.1mph stock

16.4-17mph with speed magnet

19.4-20.5mph with speed code 4.

Guessing with speed code 4 I don’t need the speed magnet at all, right?
Your best bet is to call him. He doesn’t get on here all the time, and when he does it probably may not see a post that basically is titled “hi I’m new here and in Florida”.

Just give him a call. Super nice guy and a pleasure to do business with.

I don’t know that a magnet is compatible with your cart. Those quit being compatible somewhere around 2014 or so when they changed from iq to excel or whatever th newer ones are called. I’m cheap so I’ve only owned old ones but I did get my speed magnet for my 2008 from David. It cruises steady at about 25mph on flat pavement, and I’m very happy with it
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 10:49 PM   #10
DJNMS3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Your best bet is to call him. He doesn’t get on here all the time, and when he does it probably may not see a post that basically is titled “hi I’m new here and in Florida”.

Just give him a call. Super nice guy and a pleasure to do business with.

I don’t know that a magnet is compatible with your cart. Those quit being compatible somewhere around 2014 or so when they changed from iq to excel or whatever th newer ones are called. I’m cheap so I’ve only owned old ones but I did get my speed magnet for my 2008 from David. It cruises steady at about 25mph on flat pavement, and I’m very happy with it
25mph on just a speed magnet?? **** that’s awesome! I’ll definitely reach out to him.

Tags
club car, connect, eric, tempo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car