lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2022, 01:05 PM   #1
Tcolli2
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 Club Car DS Lithum Conversion doesnt work after washing

So i have been through all the threads about carts not working after washing. It has been two weeks since i washed and it still doesn't work. I have opened and dried everything i could think of. I need of suggestion of a fix. Could the solenoid have shorted? The cart does not respond at all, just the clicking sound of the pedal as if the key is not in or if its tow mode. Typically i hear the solenoid click when it works, but nothing. The cart worked fine for two weeks after i converted, then went to wash her up and it stopped. Could the ignition switch short with water? The only thing i recently replaced is the F/R switch. Have not washed with that in before, but it is completely dry now. Any suggestions is appreciated, thanks!
Tcolli2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2022, 04:40 PM   #2
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2001 Club Car DS Lithum Conversion doesnt work after washing

Do you own a multimeter? You really need to start tracing voltages, but you can start with the main output from your lithium pack. Do you have 48v on the battery terminals?
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 04:51 PM   #3
Tcolli2
Not Yet Wild

I do not own one, but can pick one up or have a buddy drop one by. Yes it’s a 48V set up. When I was converting I had the same issue because I did not have the yellow wire from the old obc running to the negative terminal of the controller. Once I hooked that up the issue was solved. Then I washed and no response
Old 04-22-2022, 09:37 PM   #4
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

This meter will help you check anything you need to check at home or on the cart inexpensively:

https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Mult...s%2C157&sr=8-8
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 02:40 AM   #5
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sorry, without a meter it will be impossible to fault find. They’re cheep enough and not too difficult to learn how to use, get yourself one.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 08:39 PM   #6
Tcolli2
Not Yet Wild

Ok, appreciate the guidance. I am going to pick one up and note what I find.
Old 04-23-2022, 09:02 PM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I use one of these at work and have had good luck with it.

It’s no fluke but unlike one of my expensive flukes if I leave this in a car, drop it into a conveyor, or lose it I really don’t care. But it’s accurate enough for quick diag, and while the resistance readings have a pretty slow refresh rate (it takes a second for the reading to come up), I just use it to check for termination on canbus networks (which is either there or it’s not) so it works just fine for that.

For the 10 bucks I’ve been happy with it.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0813N2ZC6...JQZNWK5ZW8JJ0Z
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 01:10 PM   #8
Tcolli2
Not Yet Wild

Just to update, i tried using the volt meter but honestly had no idea what i was doing. Especially by my self, was hard to push the pedal and measure in the back. I ended up getting a cheap solenoid (from China) off of amazon and give that a shot. Worked liked a charm for a couple weeks. This past weekend i was going half mile down the road and it cut out. I then gave it a break and it started working and kind of jerked in and out of power. Do i need a heavy duty solenoid since i converted to lithium. The cart was kind of doing the same thing before, but i assumed it was the old batteries. Let me know if yall have any suggestions. Thanks
Old 05-12-2022, 05:21 PM   #9
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Tcolli2, got a suggestion for you, edit your signature with details of your cart setup/configuration. That way people will know what you got and will help them to troubleshoot :) There are some real Ace people here that can help as long they have a clear picture of what they are helping with :)
mrmotoguzzi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 08:31 AM   #10
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcolli2 View Post
Just to update, i tried using the volt meter but honestly had no idea what i was doing. Especially by my self, was hard to push the pedal and measure in the back. I ended up getting a cheap solenoid (from China) off of amazon and give that a shot. Worked liked a charm for a couple weeks. This past weekend i was going half mile down the road and it cut out. I then gave it a break and it started working and kind of jerked in and out of power. Do i need a heavy duty solenoid since i converted to lithium. The cart was kind of doing the same thing before, but i assumed it was the old batteries. Let me know if yall have any suggestions. Thanks
Lot of youtube videos on how to use meter. You can use extra alligator clips or zip ties to keep end attached to what ever you are testing while pressing pedal, etc. Save yourself a lot of money by taking the time to learn how to use it. Plenty of "stickies" in your carts section above to read about self diagnosing problems with your cart. Good luck.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car