lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: went through puddle and now it won't run

Or you can try to dry it out with a leaf blower, concentrate on the F&R switch area.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2012, 05:54 PM   #12
gveiseh
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I had a similar situation, but not an exact one. I ran through a pretty deep puddle and about an hour later my cart would only go about 2 mph. I still have a warranty and the dealer came out and said my speed sensor was bad. He replaced it and I'm back up to full speed again.
gveiseh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

try drying the controller out if they get to wet it may take a week before it runs again......use the blow dryer but on the controller......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:45 AM   #14
BluJnBaby
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi. Thanks for watching this post. This happened on Saturday night (4 days?) while we were foolishly driving around the farm drinking margaritas! It has a lift kit and big knobby tires, so i thought it was high enough. So, yesterday i took the cover off of the area where the solenoid and limit switch etc are located. everything looked & felt dry. i disconnected the limit switch and looked inside, there are 4 things that look like fuses, 3 are black. Do those burn out?

After it dries out, what should I do first?

Thanks for your time and advice. I really appreciate it. $$$ is tight, otherwise I'd run it up to "The Golf Car Place" and have them take a look.

- Jane
BluJnBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:49 AM   #15
BluJnBaby
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi again. Just saw the post about using a leaf blower. Where exactly is the controller? Under the box where the solenoid is? Anybody have a general diagram of these bad boys? It's an old refurbished EzGo.

See profile for pics of cart.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Dry out everything with wires attached to it, lol
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #17
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Dry out everything with wires attached to it, lol
.............can,t go wrong........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:29 AM   #18
BluJnBaby
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ok. it has been over a week. has to be dry by now. no go, just a click when i press the pedal. put a battery tester on all batteries. They seem to be reading ok. What do you guys think I should check next?

Yesterday, I had the extreme pleasure of waking up to no running water. After realizing something was wrong with my pump and prying myself out of my fetal position from fear of having to pay $$ that I don't have to get it fixed, I removed my 1.5 goulds well pump, hauled it down to a shop where they promptly slammed it on the shelf, replaced the cavatator and the switch. Then I hauled it back home, rewired it in, added 30psi to the water tank and now i have water again. joy joy . can't tell you how much i DID NOT enjoy having to do that in this sunny south florida heat, but it only cost me 100.00 versus the 4 or 5 hundred i paid some dude to fix it 4 years ago. apparently, the switch was going, because the dude didn't verify the psi in the tank, so every time i would turn the water on the switch would kick in (overworking itself). Id say that gauranteed him 4-5 hundred every time my switch blew. Especially since the repair 4 years ago was the 3rd on same component since 1998. Can't trust ANYBODY. gees!

So, it sure would be nice if we could troubleshoot my golf cart and I end up fixing it myself. Anybody have a component/Wiring diagram. Doesn't seem like there is much to these buggies. Anybody have any idea where I should look next for the problem? More importantly, what should I disconnect so that I don't get knocked off of my feet from the power coming out of those 600lbs worth of batteries.

I cannot determine what year it is. The big round drum between the two back tires has a date on a plate of 2000. Inside the console, I see h200 - 1295284 on one side and 1.4 kw, 360.6 kg on the other. Nothing much more to go on. I bought it used about 8 years ago when it promptly died. So, 4 of those years it sat through the worst part of the recession on my farm. receipt is buried deep. 2012..Spring season was good, so I put it through the shop about a month ago where they rewired it and put some used batteries in it (It's Alive!). Was running fine until that stupid rainy day Margarita boondoggle. argh

I thank you all so very much for any advice you can give to me that would help troubleshoot the problem, so that I can fix it myself and maybe learn a few tricks.

Respectfully,
- Jane - Indian Trails Native Nursery, Florida
Old 07-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #19
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluJnBaby View Post
Hi. Thanks for watching this post. This happened on Saturday night (4 days?) while we were foolishly driving around the farm drinking margaritas! It has a lift kit and big knobby tires, so i thought it was high enough. So, yesterday i took the cover off of the area where the solenoid and limit switch etc are located. everything looked & felt dry. i disconnected the limit switch and looked inside, there are 4 things that look like fuses, 3 are black. Do those burn out?

After it dries out, what should I do first?

Thanks for your time and advice. I really appreciate it. $$$ is tight, otherwise I'd run it up to "The Golf Car Place" and have them take a look.

- Jane
I'm not sure what you are describing as a limit switch, could you be meaning the F-R selector? There are things in it that ( remotely ) look like a fuse. It is a manual contactor. If the components look black, I would say it has overheated and the connections have broken. I have had to replace this on my EZGO before. Please post up a pic of it so we'll know we're on the same page!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:37 AM   #20
BluJnBaby
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ok. photos posted on subsequent post. i don't seem to be able to embed photos in my posts, so i posted links to my facebook page, where you will find the photos of the major components inside my cart. I am holding the thing that I thought was a limit switch (but may actually be called a F-R selector/manual contactor). Let me know what you think.

I consulted an online tv repair man to help troubleshoot a tv that fell off of a dresser once. He walked me through the troubleshooting process down to the component level and everything. That was an enjoyable experience. Ended up donating 80 bucks for his time and attention to my problem. I see donations are welcome here too.

Thank you for your time. I am a little frustrated with all the things that are breaking all at once around here, so if my tone seems a little off, I apologize.

Let me know what you think. . .
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car