lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

View Poll Results: Would you or your customers be interested in a similar LCD state of charge display?
Yes! 25 60.98%
Maybe... 11 26.83%
No! 5 12.20%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2011, 04:39 PM   #51
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Anyone Interested In a LCD State of Charge Meter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonkulor View Post
Any updates Sonic? The Bluetooth idea is cool. Buy a smartphone and install it in the dash. What sends the inputs? I'd love to have temp and rpm gauges, but crap, if I install all the electrical "whiz-bang" stuff I want to my cart will travel 2 miles and need a recharge.
the project has changed course a bit... i've added a RFID "ignition" to the project. so, in place of the stock keyswitch, i now swipe a keycard or dongle across the dash to start the cart and a kill switch in the stock key location turns it off.

biggest hurdle is the power supply. bucking 60V down to 5V with ample current for the lcd is a bit of challenge. the code is solid though!

if i were to bluetooth the project, data would be sent from the micro controller to a bt module (like a rn-41) which links to your phone, tablet, etc.

if you run a alltrax controller, AXEmon may be of interest to you... software is open source, all you need is a old palm pilot, serial cable & programmable alltrax controller. good stuff!
-sj
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alltrax monitor.jpg (96.9 KB, 35 views)
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2011, 11:07 AM   #52
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Now that is fricking cool Sonic
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #53
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Cool beans Sonic. That RFID sounds awsome how could I add it to my project? I have a dell axim x50 but I'm very heavily leaning towards a tablet of some sort to mount in the dash, if it can be protected from the elements. I know this thread has somewhat already visited that subject.

AXEmon is something I am going to have to investigate. I do plan on getting one of those controllers, but wouldn't all the work be for not if no input is sent from the motor? I'm not scared of micro soldering up inputs.

Crap, now I'm having thoughts of GPS, speed, computer and an actuator to the steering. Track a path, save it and wholla auto pilot.

Laters
Shon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dell-axim-x50.jpg (19.5 KB, 9 views)
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #54
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
They are accurate to a 10th of a volt and sample the pack 3 times a second.
I'll back you up on this one. I just worked on a cart with one of your gauges on it and that's EXACTLY what it read.... -.1 about 25% of the time, the other 75% it was dead on accurate
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #55
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

I got Scottyb's installed too and it's one of those Cart 101 must haves. I'm off topic, sorry

Shon
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #56
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Now if you could develop a wireless App for this . . . . . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #57
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Steve, now you're thinking
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:20 AM   #58
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonkulor View Post
Cool beans Sonic. That RFID sounds awsome how could I add it to my project? I have a dell axim x50 but I'm very heavily leaning towards a tablet of some sort to mount in the dash, if it can be protected from the elements. I know this thread has somewhat already visited that subject.

AXEmon is something I am going to have to investigate. I do plan on getting one of those controllers, but wouldn't all the work be for not if no input is sent from the motor? I'm not scared of micro soldering up inputs.

Crap, now I'm having thoughts of GPS, speed, computer and an actuator to the steering. Track a path, save it and wholla auto pilot.

Laters
Shon
the RFID code is solid. what i haven't implemented yet is a easy method for programming additional dongles & cards. the project kinda hit a wall and stopped as i got tired of troubleshooting some little hardware issue on my protoboard board and set the thing aside and forgot about it (as i often do with most projects). i did break it out to show my brother during Christmas so i might have to take a fresh look at it again now that its back on my mind.

AXEmon is pretty sweet even though it will only run on archaic hardware. No info is required from the motor... the parameters displayed are all values collected by the Alltrax controller and polled through a standard rs-232 serial connection. (Except for Battery Amps and Watt Hours, those are calculated by the Palm) what makes the palm a good platform for this application is the on-board serial port. chances are, your android / apple whatever doesn't have a easily accessible rs-232 compliant port available for use. you're probably SOL on your axim unless you know how to port & compile palm apps to pocket pc. the palm is literally "plug & play" to the AXE and costs like $5 on eBay.
-sj
Old 01-04-2012, 12:46 AM   #59
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
Now if you could develop a wireless App for this . . . . . . .
i did have the voltage displaying on my Droid while playing around with android & bluetooth spp tools. wasn't too difficult to get going, but i get lost in Java easily. google has since come out with a hardware toolkit for developers & hobbyists, so the tools to get hardware devices talking to each other have probably improved since then. i think their kit is all via USB though....
-sj
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cm9c.jpg (54.7 KB, 15 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car