lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2011, 09:43 PM   #1
Jetstream
Not Yet Wild

Default Slow driving or creeping in a PDS

Good evening everyone. This is my first post on the forum and I am in need of a little info. I've read numerous posts about lifting versus non lifting a PDS and the overheating caused by creeping a PDS. My question is will the overheating still occur after the install of a new 400 amp controller on a lifted PDS.

I've read posts about the Alltrax 400, 24 to 48 volt controller and would like to know if this controller will cure the overheating caused by creeping.

I don't really have any hills that I plan on climbing, just mostly flat terrain, trails and a little street action. I have about 5 acres that I'll be using the cart to haul around a few light items and I probably wont have the desire to go full throttle all the time.

A little extra torque for towing a small cart would be nice too.

I don't actually have a cart yet, just trying to gain knowledge for my first purchase. It seems like every cart for sale is a PDS or a PDS Freedom model.

To break it all down, would a PDS suit my needs if it is lifted 5", 20 or 22" tires, Alltrax 400 controller and 4 ga wiring. I also have plans to upgrade to 48 volts after the batteries need replacing.

Thanks in advance for your replies...Z
Jetstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2011, 07:56 AM   #2
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Slow driving or creeping in a PDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post

To break it all down, would a PDS suit my needs if it is lifted 5", 20 or 22" tires, Alltrax 400 controller and 4 ga wiring. I also have plans to upgrade to 48 volts after the batteries need replacing.

Thanks in advance for your replies...Z
My PDS gives me no problems. See the set up in my signature. I don't pay any attention to the speed I'm travelling. I just go the speed I want at the time. I've run parades for two years while pulling a trailer and that, my friend, is creeping!
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:12 PM   #3
Jetstream
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info SR! I read your entire build thread and it looks like you did a heck of a job. I learned alot from your trials and tribulations and feel like I might have the "expertise" to accomplish a build.

My PDS question is now moot since I just acquired a '98 series TXT! It's in pretty decent shape and came with a set of 4 year old T105s that all read right around 6.10. It didn't come with a charger, so I'm in the process of charging them 2 x 2.

It looks like I'll be starting my own build thread! Thanks again!...Z
Old 01-03-2011, 10:37 PM   #4
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have seen a few chargers on Ebay.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:58 PM   #5
Jetstream
Not Yet Wild

I found a Lester locally that is for a club car or Yamaha. It has the 2 spade male type connection. Is it possible to get an adapter or rewire it for my 98 ezgo?
Old 01-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #6
Kidder
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes it is, either find a ezgo cord or a club car charging port
Kidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:12 PM   #7
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
Thanks for the info SR! I read your entire build thread and it looks like you did a heck of a job. I learned alot from your trials and tribulations and feel like I might have the "expertise" to accomplish a build.

My PDS question is now moot since I just acquired a '98 series TXT! It's in pretty decent shape and came with a set of 4 year old T105s that all read right around 6.10. It didn't come with a charger, so I'm in the process of charging them 2 x 2.

It looks like I'll be starting my own build thread! Thanks again!...Z

Glad the build thread helped you. That's why we post almost every move, mistake or not.

"Learn from the mistakes of others. Life's too short to make them all yourself!"
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO