lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2011, 12:09 AM   #1
libertybellcdr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Wheel Spacers

Well, I'm new...

Someone please advise on what wheel spacers are and how/when they are used. I see 1", 2", and 3".
libertybellcdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2011, 01:35 AM   #2
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wheel Spacers

Not all wheels fit correctly one every golf cart. Just like cars. The spacers push the mounting of the rim a little further out so the tire and or rim does not rub on the frame of the cart. If you upgrade to a 10 inch wheels, most indicate an off set. This is so the bigger tire/rubber does not rub on on the cart. If you install a block lift on a cart and run stock tires, you may find the stock tires will rub on the block lift. thus the wheel spacers. Some people just like to use the spacers to give the cart a wider look and improves stability since the the wheel base is now wider.

joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:58 AM   #3
mannyvillegas
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauistardog View Post
Not all wheels fit correctly one every golf cart. Just like cars. The spacers push the mounting of the rim a little further out so the tire and or rim does not rub on the frame of the cart. If you upgrade to a 10 inch wheels, most indicate an off set. This is so the bigger tire/rubber does not rub on on the cart. If you install a block lift on a cart and run stock tires, you may find the stock tires will rub on the block lift. thus the wheel spacers. Some people just like to use the spacers to give the cart a wider look and improves stability since the the wheel base is now wider.

joe
It's not the wheel base that becomes wider. It's the track. The wheel base is the distance between the front and rear wheels.
mannyvillegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #4
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyvillegas View Post
It's not the wheel base that becomes wider. It's the track. The wheel base is the distance between the front and rear wheels.
good catch.

joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #5
mannyvillegas
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Used to be an editor . Happy New Year!
mannyvillegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You are not the editor here, we all knew what he meant
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #7
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I see a few different styles from solid hub centric to stud extenders. The stud extenders don't look safe to me but I have never used them. In my car days we always used the solid style spacer or the hub centric that adds the solid base to clamp the wheel against

Those stud adapters just in my mind don't seem to be safe for adding larger wheels. Placing all that load on 4 small rods(stud extenders) I don't think is the correct way to go and be safe.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #8
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I don't agree 100% with that I have the 2.5" stud extenders on mine now been there for about a year now and not one problem.. But I just do a little trail riding nothing major though
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO