lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
Rahn
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default My 95 Club Car DS (First Cart)

I guess I'll make this my intro for myself and my cart as well. Been looking around for a long time, asked a few questions here and finally ended up getting a deal on a '95 Club Car.

I did not get any pics of it on day one. Just imagine it with the tan (or beige, whichever the purists prefer) wheels and the turbine hubcaps. Mod number one....spray bomb the wheels black.

It needed a set of batteries as the previous owner told me when I bought it that it had sat outside for 15 months with no use. I was certain the batteries were junk. After much reading here and on the inter web, I decided it needed a new set of Trojans, so that's what it got. 6 new T875's.

My birthday was on the 13th of this month, so the wife got me a new tinted windshield and this:

I knew I loved her for some reason! That is my voltage reducer so that I can add lights and a horn. Possibly stereo as well.

Next, I score these off of Craigslist for a C note:

These things are BRAND NEW!! Still had the vents on them! Yes, Technically that is what they are called. I work in a tire plant and I know it's a sad day when I have to tell you that they are in fact not TiT$! At any rate, I'm guessing they were mounted for display, then dismounted, but whatever the story may be, I have a NEW set of 205/50/10 Excel Golf Pro II's.

Next, I find these on the forum here from Rusty Shackel:

With a Scotch Brite pad and a can of Krylon Industrial gloss black, this is what we have after an afternoon of work:

Not too bad I say! Not to be one to quit half way, we add the icing on the cake:

And this is what I ended up with:

I kinda dig it! Future plans include a slick black paint job, a 2" drop, and some lights (headlights and some LED taillights).

My Mom also got in on the fun and bought me this for my birthday:

BUT, I am having issues with it. In installed the meter per the instructions, and at full charge it is showing full opposite on the gauge. I have to call BU on Monday to see if they can offer any advice on what is up.

Open to any and all comments, critiques. Looking forward to getting to know some of you also!
Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
Rahn
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: My 95 Club Car DS (First Cart)

Guess I left off the about me part....The cart is more exciting anyway, but I am 42, from Southern Illinois and I work for Continental Tire the Americas, LLC. We manufacture Continental and General brand passenger, light truck, and semi truck tires. We also are the manufacturer for the General Baja race and street tires with the red letter sidewalls some of you might have seen.

Been married for 16 yrs to my wife that is a Certified Occupational Therapist's Assistant (or COTA for short), have a 15 yr old son that races go karts on dirt for fun and plays tennis and bowls on the HS teams. My daughter is 11 and is into cheer and tumbling, so there is never a shortage of things going on around our house!

I love just about anything with wheels on it and have owned several lowered trucks over the years. I'm sure there's more, but I won't bore ya any more. Any ?? just ask.

Last edited by Rahn; 06-18-2011 at 09:49 PM.. Reason: Content
Old 06-19-2011, 05:42 AM   #3
rusty shackel
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

look good ,

rusty s
rusty shackel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:21 AM   #4
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahn View Post
Guess I left off the about me part....The cart is more exciting anyway, but I am 42, from Southern Illinois and I work for Continental Tire the Americas, LLC. We manufacture Continental and General brand passenger, light truck, and semi truck tires. We also are the manufacturer for the General Baja race and street tires with the red letter sidewalls some of you might have seen.

Been married for 16 yrs to my wife that is a Certified Occupational Therapist's Assistant (or COTA for short), have a 15 yr old son that races go karts on dirt for fun and plays tennis and bowls on the HS teams. My daughter is 11 and is into cheer and tumbling, so there is never a shortage of things going on around our house!

I love just about anything with wheels on it and have owned several lowered trucks over the years. I'm sure there's more, but I won't bore ya any more. Any ?? just ask.
Like you, I recently purchased my first CC, a 1999 DS, looks similar to yours, but with a rain cover. So far the only expense I have done was to add a rear seat kit ($334 delivered from Trademark Carts, TN) . . after putting on the seat kit (110 lbs) and riding around the campground with two adults on rear seat, ordered a set of 4 leaf heavy duty springs ($87 delivered from same people) . . . they should be here by Wednesday . . . planning on a lift kit over the coming winter for a garage project to occupy some time during the typical Michigan snowy season . . . one question, where is your voltage reducer located? My cart came with lights, but I haven't really looked to see how they achieved that. Would be nice to know they put in a reducer somewhere . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #5
Rahn
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Stevegrmich:

I haven't installed the reducer yet. I intend to stop by my local shop for a little advice on that one before I just dive into it. I like the look of the lifted carts, I just can't spend the money on one right now. I can lower mine for little to nothing. Let's see some pics of your CC!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:46 PM   #6
Rahn
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I talked to a sales rep at BU yesterday and he is sending me a new gauge no charge (no pun intended LOL) SOOOOO...hopefully I'll have that lined out soon.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:14 AM   #7
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahn View Post
Stevegrmich:

I haven't installed the reducer yet. I intend to stop by my local shop for a little advice on that one before I just dive into it. I like the look of the lifted carts, I just can't spend the money on one right now. I can lower mine for little to nothing. Let's see some pics of your CC!
If I figure out how to ul pic, here is my 99 CC, as it sat on lot for sale when I bought it:

Attachment 50619

It Worked!
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:18 PM   #8
Rahn
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Got my new state of charge meter today (replacement for the first one that wasn't working correctly) and all is well now!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car