lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2011, 11:23 AM   #21
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 1994 36 volt controller CC won't go / update

when it won,t go do you still get the solenoid click? if not you could have a solenoid thats going bad.......they will go bad that way.......the thing to do is while you have it jacked up and you press the pedal and nothing try and tap the solenoid see if that changes anything or try jumping the large post on solenoid and see if that changes anything..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #22
kramsee
Not Yet Wild

solenoid click is always there.................I think I'm stumped!
kramsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:50 AM   #23
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i should have said even a clicking solenoid can be bad so i would still try............................
Old 10-22-2011, 11:52 AM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If you tape the meter to the pack and hit the gas ........ how far does it drop from 37v?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:03 PM   #25
kramsee
Not Yet Wild

okay the mystery deepens

went out........with charger still running....pushed on accelerator, and now the wheels are spinning.....pushed down and let up on and back down on again without fully letting off of accellerator and it ran like you would hope,...sped up, slowed down, sped up and even held it for a minute or two and it ran great....once I let off completely on the accelerator then push down again....no response,..dead again

pulled charger off,..checked pack ( now with two marine batteries ) 40 volts
pushed pedal with no response other than the solenoid clicking

charging one more time and see what happens again other than pulling my hair out

p.s. I'll pull charger first...see if I get response and have voltmeter hooked up to look for dropage

p.s.s. can I check solenoid by jumping the two large posts......it's brand new...replaced the old one simply because it was cheap and I was replacing other things...I still have the old one
Old 10-22-2011, 12:06 PM   #26
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you might want to look at acell microswitch.....if you have V-glide open it up and look at the microswitch in there.............................
Old 10-22-2011, 12:13 PM   #27
kramsee
Not Yet Wild

can I check solenoid by jumping the two large posts......it's brand new...replaced the old one simply because it was cheap and I was replacing other things...I still have the old one
Old 10-22-2011, 01:01 PM   #28
kramsee
Not Yet Wild

okay...............
had batteries on charger for a little bit...went out unhooked charger

now we're just on battery power......approx. 37 volts
pushed on pedal...couple second pause after I hear click from solenoid...and shes running again.....hold down on pedal, move it back and forth several times and it responds like it should. this time I keep it running for a few minutes.....voltmeter shows fluctuations of between 35 to 36.5 volts the whole time......once I let off enough on the pedal to disengeage the solenoid it won't start again.....voltage of pack still shows 37

I hold down on pedal...tap on solenoid....nothing........jump spare battery wire between big lugs on solenoid,..push on pedal...nothing

back now on charger again

check controller as advised earlier by jumping lugs there?
Old 10-22-2011, 01:07 PM   #29
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You problem is not the motor, controller, or solenoid.
I advise against running the motor much without a load. They can over rev and explode.
Look for an intermittent micro switch in the solenoid activation or an intermittent connection somewhere in the OHMS delivery circuit or the #1 controller + supply?
That is where I would concentrate.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:15 PM   #30
kramsee
Not Yet Wild

Scotty...first of all...thanks for taking the time with me....greatly appreciated

is there any reason why it seems like I get positive responses after connecting the charger for a bit even though I don't think any real charging is going on,...It's never on long enough to do any real charging before it shuts off and my pack with either the 6 cart batteries or the two 12v marine batteries involved always seems pretty fully charged

think I'll pull the controller next just to check the wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car