lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Well I Took A Step To The Dark Side........

Well guys today I bought a 1998 Club Car DS. Its a 48volt system and in great condition. It came with headlights and taillights and tinted fold down winshield. Cart is in great condition, unfortunately it looks like I will have another build on my hands

It also came with a good 48v charger.

Got it for $750.00, not a bad deal I just couldn't pass it up. My original plan with my ezgo was to make it a ranch cart and as we all no it's not. Lol so this one is gonna he the buggy for the ranch. I'm going to do just a mild lift on it, some beefy tires on 10" steel wheels, put some T-860 in there I have laying around and put a stationary rear seat on it and that's it.

Is there anything I need to know about these carts or some easy things that can be done to help it out? Just trying to gain a lot of knowledge about them seeing I am am ezgo guy. Is there any reading material I can read up on to enhance my knowledge?

Colton
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2011, 10:12 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Well I Took A Step To The Dark Side........

farmland? what type of terraine..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:52 PM   #3
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Um not hilly just a couple of rolls. Lots of dirt, grass, gravel and some sand.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:39 AM   #4
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
I'm going to do just a mild lift on it, some beefy tires on 10" steel wheels, put some T-860 in there I have laying around and put a stationary rear seat on it and that's it.
If it's going to be a "ranch cart" I think that I would go with a 6" lift and 22" tires. I'd consider a rear flip seat so that I could use it for a cargo deck.

On edit, that’s my Club Car in my avatar. It has 12" wheels, 22" tires, 6" lift and a rear flip seat.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:43 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i think i,m just wanting to know what you might need more speed or torque.......or both.............................................8 )
Old 10-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #6
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Welcome to the good side of the force! Now you don't have to worry about getting all that angle iron to weld up to those rusting piece of crap ezgo's! I would get a 6' lift and rear HD springs especially since you are adding a rear seat. 22' tires would be good. Is this a series or regen cart? Series has the f/r lever like ezgo and regen has the rocker switch. Congrats on your new buggy! See, you just got the thing and we have already recommended more $ than the cart cost!
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:02 PM   #7
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Hahahaha thanks guys. I do love the fact everything is aluminum. I'm getting the stationary rear seat for free. Going to do a 6" lift, 10" black steel wheels, some A/T tires and that's more than likely it. Not looking to dump a bunch of money in this one like I did my ezgo project. Motor and controller are gonna stay more than likely.

It's a series cart BTW. So figured it would be good for a lift.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:47 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if your gonna leave the motor and controller alone than your really limited to just upgrading all cables to either 4 or 2 gage......all cables...............other than that???.........................................
Old 10-23-2011, 07:21 PM   #9
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I might do that. I got Scottyb's cables on the ezgo. Might go that route or just make my own. Who knows. This one is gonna be my "beater" cart.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:40 PM   #10
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

hmmmmmmm, I would think the EZgo might make a "beater" cart, but what do I know. I never owned one. The CC would be a nicer fixer uper and use it for what ever.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car