lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #11
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Default Re: Installed my voltage meter from Scotty today

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Hmmm. I'm trying to understand how your converter effects a 48v feed for your meter from the ign switch or harness up front
I also know the wiring harness makes no sense to me. There is a wire that goes in the harness one color, comes out a diferent color??
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #12
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
I also know the wiring harness makes no sense to me. There is a wire that goes in the harness one color, comes out a diferent color??
If I remember your converter feed is connected straight to your pack, correct? Down south got his 48v meter feed from the orange wire in the harness up front and you should be able to do the same, correct?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #13
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
If I remember your converter feed is connected straight to your pack, correct? Down south got his 48v meter feed from the orange wire in the harness up front and you should be able to do the same, correct?
It's the same there too! I tried everything. Is he running a converter?
Old 11-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #14
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Use DVM first to validate voltage before hooking anything up . . . saves on the "aw shits" . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:12 PM   #15
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
It's the same there too! I tried everything. Is he running a converter?
Not sure Steve. Even if he was I just don't understand how that would effect the feed he is using up front for the meter? If he would hook up a converter in which the feed is wired straight to the pack and the converter output is then connected to a fuse block and then feed all 12v accessories from there, there would be no issue.

Did you feed any 12v accessories from your fuse block into the wire harness up front like you headlamp for example?
Old 11-13-2011, 12:13 PM   #16
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
Use DVM first to validate voltage before hooking anything up . . . saves on the "aw shits" . . .
Good advice and will save on aspirin
Old 11-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #17
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Not sure Steve. Even if he was I just don't understand how that would effect the feed he is using up front for the meter? If he would hook up a converter in which the feed is wired straight to the pack and the converter output is then connected to a fuse block and then feed all 12v accessories from there, there would be no issue.

Did you feed any 12v accessories from your fuse block into the wire harness up front like you headlamp for example?
My headlights are working off the original harness with no issues. Even tahodawgz71 told me the voltmeter may have issues and need to be wired directly to batteries. It must be a common issue with some precedents.

Apparently the key switch, tow/run and controller work kinda funky with the neg side of the battery pack. I don't know where/how the lights are separated from that. I do know I had to cut a wire in the dash harness to solve my tow/run problems. My harness is completely bastarized at this point, but I know what is going on with it. I just feel sorry for the hump who buys it when I sell it.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:05 PM   #18
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
My headlights are working off the original harness with no issues. Even tahodawgz71 told me the voltmeter may have issues and need to be wired directly to batteries. It must be a common issue with some precedents.

Apparently the key switch, tow/run and controller work kinda funky with the neg side of the battery pack. I don't know where/how the lights are separated from that. I do know I had to cut a wire in the dash harness to solve my tow/run problems. My harness is completely bastarized at this point, but I know what is going on with it. I just feel sorry for the hump who buys it when I sell it.
But I wonder if this is where there is a conflict using a converters output wired into the harness up front for the headlamp feed and then trying to get a 48v feed off the front harness for the meter. When turning the ignition on it must switch something over in the front harness.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:35 PM   #19
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
But I wonder if this is where there is a conflict using a converters output wired into the harness up front for the headlamp feed and then trying to get a 48v feed off the front harness for the meter. When turning the ignition on it must switch something over in the front harness.
That is the million dollar question!
Old 11-13-2011, 01:41 PM   #20
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
That is the million dollar question!
Defiantly a scratch your head situation
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car