lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
LJ12530
Gone Wild

Default 2009 Precedent 12V battery warranty

Precedent IQ, 48V system. The cart is not quite 3 years old. Four, 12V Trojans (stock) maintained by the book. Batteries completely charged at the end of every day. A couple of weeks ago I noted that for the first time the battery warning light came on during a round. It never stayed on all the time, but would come on occasionally when I was driving the cart, but would go off when the cart was stopped. Within the past two weeks the batteries have "gone down hill" rapidly to the point that yesterday I had trouble making it up one hill. When I stopped at the club the light went out and 30 minutes later I drove the cart a half mile with no problems and no light.

OK, I know about checking the cell voltages, making sure the charger is working correctly, etc. Although I have not checked the voltages of each cell it seems highly likely to me that I have one or more cells failing (I will check the individual voltages today.). I looked in the book and the Club Car warranty states that the batteries are under warranty for 4 years, or 1000 rounds, or 20,000 "energy units". I contacted the dealer and he will pick up the cart next week for diagnostic testing to see if it is a warranty issue. The cart will be gone for about a week.

Has anyone had an actual experience with the Club Car battery warranty? Assuming that just one cell/battery is failing everything I read says that all of the batteries should be replaced at the same time. Does Club Car replace all the batteries under warranty if only one is bad? If anyone has had a good experience dealing with Club Car on a battery warranty issue I will probably let the dealer take the cart and see what they will do warranty wise. If some of you have had the same issue and still had to end up spending quite a bit of time/money to get a new set of batteries I will probably just buy some new batteries and install them myself. Although I think my cart (PQ version) has a battery tub that will accept 6, 8 volt batteries I do not intend to even look into that option. I'll just stick with the 4, 12 volts. I will probably just go buy 4, 12 V Trojan T-1275's ( $800 or so ? ) and swap them out myself.

Thx
LJ12530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car