lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2011, 08:25 AM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 1994 DS upgrade: I want some speed, some torque

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose88 View Post
Scotty,

I am in kind of the same boat, I have a 1994 with resistor coils and a rear end with no motor. Can I buy a 48 volt motor, and a controller and change everything over?

Or should I use the stock motor (36v) and use 48v stuff?

48 volt motor won,t work in a 36 volt cart......... unless the rearend you have is from a 48 volt cart then your ok but go with a 36 volt motor anyways...............get a 36 volt motor a controller and a pot box...........scotty has them all then all you need worry about is batteries and charging............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2011, 08:29 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Scotty,

I am in kind of the same boat, I have a 1994 with resistor coils and a rear end with no motor. Can I buy a 48 volt motor, and a controller and change everything over?

Or should I use the stock motor (36v) and use 48v stuff?

Use the stock 36v motor and run it on 48v ... the increased voltage will wake up the motor.
Results are best if you convert to electronic speed control (ESC).
Resistor coil carts will meltdown on 48v.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:36 PM   #13
petercook
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Use the stock 36v motor and run it on 48v ... the increased voltage will wake up the motor.
Results are best if you convert to electronic speed control (ESC).
Resistor coil carts will meltdown on 48v.
how long till the melt down, or will it last for a little while? the esc, is this something you can just add to a resistor cart or this replaces the coils? if you would please explain please im learning these cc slowly but surely what you can do and what you cant do thanks sorry i had to add to this i have 2 diff carts this above is purtaining to my 89 cc, i also have a 99 cc it has a controller what do i need to know about putting 48v to it, just hook it up? or....
petercook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:04 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercook View Post
how long till the melt down, or will it last for a little while? the esc, is this something you can just add to a resistor cart or this replaces the coils? if you would please explain please im learning these cc slowly but surely what you can do and what you cant do thanks sorry i had to add to this i have 2 diff carts this above is purtaining to my 89 cc, i also have a 99 cc it has a controller what do i need to know about putting 48v to it, just hook it up? or....
The meltdown depends upon the condition of the motor prior to the upgrade; the weight of the cart; the size of the tires; the terrain; the weight of the driver's right foot

The electronic speed controller replaces the resistor coils, the potentiometer replaces the V-glide, and the grin replaces the frown

Your '99 may be a 36v resistor coil or a 48v ESC cart?
Old 12-29-2011, 12:30 AM   #15
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks Scotty & Shadowman, will play with fire until I get burned! LOL
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:39 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks Scotty & Shadowman, will play with fire until I get burned! LOL
Install a fire extinguisher
Old 12-29-2011, 10:00 AM   #17
jonl
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you for all of the information. From what i see from ScottyB in order to get my 1994 CC faster but also have torque is to go 48v into my 36v motor. The process: drop in a couple more 6v batteries (8 total), upgrading the controller, the solenoid, and battery wiring, and getting a 48v charger. I might need a massager as well for the bruise in my wallet!! Ha.
jonl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:08 AM   #18
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonl View Post
Thank you for all of the information. From what i see from ScottyB in order to get my 1994 CC faster but also have torque is to go 48v into my 36v motor. The process: drop in a couple more 6v batteries (8 total), upgrading the controller, the solenoid, and battery wiring, and getting a 48v charger. I might need a massager as well for the bruise in my wallet!! Ha.
yeah depending on what your starting with it may not be cheap but depeding on how you use the cart is it worth it?? yeah its worth it..don,t feel bad i have 2 that i did for me.................................
Old 12-29-2011, 11:36 PM   #19
petercook
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The meltdown depends upon the condition of the motor prior to the upgrade; the weight of the cart; the size of the tires; the terrain; the weight of the driver's right foot

The electronic speed controller replaces the resistor coils, the potentiometer replaces the V-glide, and the grin replaces the frown

Your '99 may be a 36v resistor coil or a 48v ESC cart?
its a stock cart, wheels, tires etc, i removed the access panel theres a controller box in the middle and 2 solenoids 1 on left an 1 on right, the one on left has small coil maybe 3 coils coming from it
petercook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:57 AM   #20
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercook View Post
its a stock cart, wheels, tires etc, i removed the access panel theres a controller box in the middle and 2 solenoids 1 on left an 1 on right, the one on left has small coil maybe 3 coils coming from it

peter are you sure you have a 36 volt cart? you mention 2 solenoids and that should be a 48 volt reagan cart...............how many water fill holes in batteries and what does end of cord look like that plugs into cart? is it round or a crows foot??? if its round thats a 48 volt cart...........................

Tags
1994, speed increase, speed uprade, torque increase
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car