lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2011, 10:27 PM   #1
jeand
Not Yet Wild

Default A major overhaul

Hey guys, this is my first post. I bought a G1 AM5 this summer past for $500 and rented it for $1400 for two months to the company I work for. Then decided to overhaul it over the winter. so far I have completely dismantled it and I am refinishing part by part and repairing what needs to be repaired. I have the rear end done so far and today started on the motor. I will post some pics as I go. I also have some diamond plate bent for the rocker panels and floor boards. I am painting the frame high gloss black with some parts safety yellow. all aluminum parts are being polished. when I am done hopefully early this coming summer I will rent it for events and make some more money with my $500 investment
jeand is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2012, 12:02 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: A major overhaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeand View Post
Hey guys, this is my first post. I bought a G1 AM5 this summer past for $500 and rented it for $1400 for two months to the company I work for. Then decided to overhaul it over the winter. so far I have completely dismantled it and I am refinishing part by part and repairing what needs to be repaired. I have the rear end done so far and today started on the motor. I will post some pics as I go. I also have some diamond plate bent for the rocker panels and floor boards. I am painting the frame high gloss black with some parts safety yellow. all aluminum parts are being polished. when I am done hopefully early this coming summer I will rent it for events and make some more money with my $500 investment
You mean your $500 plus $800 plus ??? Sounds like you are doing it right! Sometimes doing it right costs a pretty penny too.... I got mine in June for $250 and have put about $1000 into it since. It's addicting, but we love it! Hope you have fun with it, cause that's what its all about.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Pictures or else we call the IRS.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post

Pictures or else we call the IRS.

I R S.....hmmm.... Insane Recreation Society? Oh no...

Before

After

Pretty nasty...went with all new.

Stock exhaust port

Port matched exhaust

Stock intake port

Cleaned up intake port

Trying to make this "just better" than stock... Up next, jetted carb and Plowman's performance exhaust, and possibly open air filter.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
jeand
Not Yet Wild

here are the first pics. I don't want the IRS knocking on my door!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Man you weren't kidding were you? Nice polish on that diff!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #7
jeand
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Man you weren't kidding were you? Nice polish on that diff!
I could of gone a step further with ruby rouge paste and polishing wheel.but its hidden under the cover
Old 01-01-2012, 11:10 PM   #8
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeand View Post
I could of gone a step further with ruby rouge paste and polishing wheel.but its hidden under the cover
Yeah, probably better off spending your hours on other areas. No one's gonna see that diff all that much, except us....LOL! That things so clean you could eat off it!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha